Sundown Audio

Setting Subsonic, LPF, and Bass EQ

IKnowImLost224

Im new to tuning amps and I was wondering if I could get some help setting these up. I bought a DD-1 to figure out where my gain needs to be. The gain is set and I have a MTX 9500 that hits like puke. I'm trying to get max SPL out of the setup using a Power Acoustik BAMF 4000/1D. I guess I'm kinda looking for what each setting does. Bass eq I'm guessing is "bass boost". Subsonic to me seems like it changes the "punch" of the notes and LPF when turned down seems to just kill the bass. I know I sound very noob but I'm just trying to see if I can get some help from the experienced builders on the board

subsonic filter kills bass at set ferquence and below i set mine at 25hz so it will not play anything below 25hz

low pass filter kill ferquwnces above what its set at i start at 80hz so it will not play anything above 80hz

bass eq if its a boost dont use it but im not sure on that amp

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Well I tried again and I can't get it very loud at all lol. I have my amp bridged and although it's a SVC 4 ohm I thought it woulda been a little louder than it is. Maybe I'll try facing the sub towards the inside of the car instead of the trunk

Had the same problem with my pioneer headunit. It sounds great all the way up to 18 then never gets louder. I was told to set the hu eq at flat and adjust the gain properly so that it peaks its loudness before clipping. Dont know if that will work but maybe someone can give some insight?

BABYJUICE

Had the same problem with my pioneer headunit. It sounds great all the way up to 18 then never gets louder. I was told to set the hu eq at flat and adjust the gain properly so that it peaks its loudness before clipping. Dont know if that will work but maybe someone can give some insight?

If you set the eq at flat and set the gain to not be clipping, when you change the settings for the eq it will clip....well at least thats what i've found to happen. i'm sure someone will agree with me that you should set the gain when you have your eq set to how you want it.

OP:

sounds like the gain is set to high if you are peaking at such a low volume.

(thats my input. Anyone feel free to correct me if i have made a mistake)

Honda Accord SirT + Mad sounds = Awesomeness

VTEC go BRAAAAAPPPP :P

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141261-99-accord-sirt-sq-build/

Alright well i never done the big 3 so i see in my vision my truck on fire...

I first set my gains at flat then checked them after setting the h.u eq and it had some distortion. So I re set them with the eq where I like it.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

Archived