Second Skin Audio

box help

I plan on building a box for four sundown sa-15s sometime in the next 2 weeks its going in my yukon subs up port back

The subs are going to be ran off two RF T1000.1bd

The box measurements are 48W x 18H x 36D which puts me at 14.6cf that's only including the subs displacement because I don't know what kind of support I should use in the inside, which is one of the things I need help with

Id like to tune the box to 33hz but I don't know what the measurements for the port should be, which is the other thing I need help with

Any input is greatly appreciated

Alpine 9884

RF T2 comp set up front

The Epicenter

2x RF T10001bd

2x Sundown sa-15 t-line

Big 3

Smd DD-1

Pm me dude, i can help

I plan on building a box for four sundown sa-15s sometime in the next 2 weeks its going in my yukon subs up port back

The box measurements are 48W x 18H x 36D which puts me at 14.6cf that's only including the subs displacement because I don't know what kind of support I should use in the inside, which is one of the things I need help with

Id like to tune the box to 33hz but I don't know what the measurements for the port should be, which is the other thing I need help with

BASSHEADS UNITE

There's no way you're going to fit 4 18s on one face plate... Just wanted to point that out o.0

Re-edited....this is what drinking does...doesn't allow me to think, you can put them on your upper face plate >.<' ...but it'll be a tight fit.

Edited by carshateme

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

There's no way you're going to fit 4 18s on one face plate... Just wanted to point that out o.0

Re-edited....this is what drinking does...doesn't allow me to think, you can put them on your upper face plate >.<' ...but it'll be a tight fit.

What do you mean it will be a tight fit?

And there 15s

Alpine 9884

RF T2 comp set up front

The Epicenter

2x RF T10001bd

2x Sundown sa-15 t-line

Big 3

Smd DD-1

dude...there 15s. Read

BASSHEADS UNITE

Pm me dude, i can help

Is there any way you can help me out with the port because that's where I'm stuck I don't know what's the right size I don't want to make it to big then have the subs bottom out or to small and have them chocking

Alpine 9884

RF T2 comp set up front

The Epicenter

2x RF T10001bd

2x Sundown sa-15 t-line

Big 3

Smd DD-1

Yeah yeah...like I said, I was drunk at that time...shouldn't have been on the forums, so forgive me...but even if they are 15s...unless your doing a V shape or something....your box is going to have to be atleast 62-64" in width.

dude...there 15s. Read

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Yeah yeah...like I said, I was drunk at that time...shouldn't have been on the forums, so forgive me...but even if they are 15s...unless your doing a V shape or something....your box is going to have to be atleast 62-64" in width.

Go sober up dude.. They don't have to be side-by-side :)

If i´m not mistaken, SA´s love "small" boxes, maybe 3.2 c/f per sub should work great? i dunno, i ´ve never worked with those subs before, very far away from the US :(

:No:

Go sober up dude.. They don't have to be side-by-side :)

hahahahhaa that was awesome!!

Edited by fecupe2001

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

With that volume, you're going to be better off going with some aero/round ports instead of taking up a ton of volume with a slot port and lowering the efficiency of the box. Up the height to 20" and use a double baffle, brace the hell out of the rest of the box, and you'll be good.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...