Sonic Electronix

Hertz or Audioque car speakers, 6X9 or 6.5

First of all, what is a good brand that makes car speakers that have good quallity and a lot of bass. I don't plan on getting a sub, so I want the best bass I can get out of my regualar car speakers(with an amp). I'm looking at Hertz and Audioque, but what is the best type of hertz speaker for bass, but not the most expensive? Also what is better for quallity and bass between having the tweeter in the speaker and not conected to the speaker? And is 6X9 or 6.5 better?

Thanks

Don't know to much on speakers producing good bass. Hertz are some great speakers, I wish I could afford a couple of sets. I've hears that adding deadner to your doors will help with midbass output.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

People like em. I liked my hertz. Might get some more again.

The frequency response of the Hertz i'm looking at have a 65hz-23khz while the crescendos have a 48hz-22khz. Also the crescendos have a sensitivity of 92db and the Hertz have 93db. The Hertz are 250$ and teh crescendos are $100. Witch is better?

The crescendo does have a good low end response. Honestly the difference in quality at least for what you'll hear may not warrant an extra cost that high. That said, I have heard the hertz speakers, and they do sound great. Not a ton of bass, and I even heard them in a sealed box. But I have not heard the crescendo