Jump to content

Distortion with aftermarket h/u


Recommended Posts

Posted

I tried installing my girlfriends kenwood radio in her 2003 pontiac sunfire. We purchased the GMOS - 04 interface the keep the door chimes and all that good stuff.

I made all the correct connections to the kenwood harness, the radio comes on and we get sound but the sound is distorted through all the speakers. I know for a fact that all the connections are correct and are secure I just don't know why it sounds like that. It does it when using a cd or USB also.

What can cause the distortion through all the speakers?

Also the other problem I was having... With the GMOS you get four RCA's for RF, LF, RR, LR. The radio only has SW and RF, LF preouts so I plugged in both front RCA's to the back of the radio and cut the rear RCA's and wired them into the harness. I get sound from all speakers but when the fade is all the way to the front I have no sound

Posted

Would the internal amp be located through the options? I mean it sounds like absolute butthole. I was thinking possibly another ground since the aftermarket puts out more than the stock?

Posted

if the car does not have an amp then the gmos does not have an amp built in. I can assure you that.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

and that has notihng to do with anything ont he head unit. it has to do with the speaker built into the box that now acts as your door chimes.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

what gmos did you use.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

most likly you have an internal factory amp in the car

and for the rca's you could use y spliters but you will lose all fade options but since your deck does not have 4 preouts you wouldnt have them anyways

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 999 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...