Why add extra batteries??

Theoretically wouldn't the battery still be running everything and the alt just keeps the battery charged on most cars where as the amps and car are pulling the power from the battery? Unless you have your alt ran directly to the amp..

Technically speaking.. That's what my ase book said..

I'm not saying that's my opinion persay

Edit, I saw it in my book while studying for my auto body finals..

nope. When the car is running, the alternator is doing ALL of the work...including keeping the batteries charged.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Batteries store electricity, alternators convert mechanical energy to electrical energy and charge the batteries.

In simplest terms a battery or multiple batteries are what is actually running your amplifiers, the alternator(s) are there to recharge the batteries.

actually you are wrong bro.....your ALTERNATOR(s) are there to supply the system and everything in the car while it is running. The batteries are only there for when you have more system then you have alternator and drop below its maximum charging ability during heavy use. That or if you are playing the system with the car OFF (like at the beach or something like that.)

basically while the car is running, the alternator should be doing ALL the work.

That being said, if I were to run 2k rms which would pull like what.. 200 give or take amps? If I had a 270xp alt, that would be plenty to run everything with a single batt yeah?

you would be MORE then good with a 270 amp alt. You dont need one that big for 2,000 watts but it will give you room for expansion.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Batteries store electricity, alternators convert mechanical energy to electrical energy and charge the batteries.

In simplest terms a battery or multiple batteries are what is actually running your amplifiers, the alternator(s) are there to recharge the batteries.

actually you are wrong bro.....your ALTERNATOR(s) are there to supply the system and everything in the car while it is running. The batteries are only there for when you have more system then you have alternator and drop below its maximum charging ability during heavy use. That or if you are playing the system with the car OFF (like at the beach or something like that.)

basically while the car is running, the alternator should be doing ALL the work.

That being said, if I were to run 2k rms which would pull like what.. 200 give or take amps? If I had a 270xp alt, that would be plenty to run everything with a single batt yeah?

You seem to be forgetting just like everyone else seems to that the car has to be powered b4 the system or anything else.

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

ive got a 275amp alt with an xs d2700 in back and dont see below 13.4v on music, it'll climb right back up to about 14.3 after playing which is generally where im at on a warm engine

i may be willing to part with my saz3500d to save you some cash, toss me a PM if interested

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

You seem to be forgetting just like everyone else seems to that the car has to be powered b4 the system or anything else.

How so? I've taken that into account here. 70 amps will be free for the car itself, if the amplifier will take up to 200..

I understand that, I guess I oversimplified it a bit when I wrote it.... Even with multiple HO alternators chances are they are not going to meet the current demands of a very large multiple amplifier setup and having extra batteries is there as a buffer like you said to keep your voltage up. When your alternators cannot keep up with the demand the batteries would be used and then recharged by the alternator.

Current goes where current is needed is a better explanation than what I had said, the alts will power the amps when the amps are drawing current, and anything the alts cannot provide will be assisted by batteries.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?