My key gets stuck in my ignition

LOL Parentnoia, thats how my 91 Caprice I had a couple years ago was. I could pull the key of the ignition while it was running, I could even turn the car on without the key in it lol. Only way to make it so it wouldn't turn on without the key was by turning the steering wheel so it would lock. Funny thing is, I locked my keys in the car twice and my buddy did it once haha

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

LOL Parentnoia, thats how my 91 Caprice I had a couple years ago was. I could pull the key of the ignition while it was running, I could even turn the car on without the key in it lol. Only way to make it so it wouldn't turn on without the key was by turning the steering wheel so it would lock. Funny thing is, I locked my keys in the car twice and my buddy did it once haha

Havent tried starting it without the key. Having troubles getting it to start WITH the key right now.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT
No system planned just yet.

Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.

to op reguardless of what your friend said I suspect its the nutural safety switch

to parentnoia check your key and see if the edges are worn. you can test this by using a spare. mine did this as well until I switched to the spare (hell it would fall out if I took a corner to sharp) old keys lose their teeth after years of sliding in and out of an ignition

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

to parentnoia check your key and see if the edges are worn. you can test this by using a spare. mine did this as well until I switched to the spare (hell it would fall out if I took a corner to sharp) old keys lose their teeth after years of sliding in and out of an ignition

People really need to read, he said he already tried that..And I agree with checking to make sure it engages when you put it in park. I had to fix that problem in my brothers old car.

to op reguardless of what your friend said I suspect its the nutural safety switch

I don't have a spare key. And I know it's because the key is old and worn. It doesn't bother me in the slightest that the key comes out while the car is on. It doesn't fly out, and it does have some resistance to it when I pull it out in drive. I mainly only take it out like that when I need in the trunk and don't want to turn the car off.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT
No system planned just yet.

Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.

look on the bottom of the steering wheel and there should be a hole on the right side bottom push something like a pen up there and hold it up while you turn the keys and pull out. Thats what i had to do with my old grand prix anyways. Might be different just something to try.