Me%20Gusta.png

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

Pics of this said tauraus..... 160 db is no easy task.... I know of 3 people on the west coast that have built and can build 160 systems.... there mite be more that I don't know of point being you have no idea what it takes to get a 160. Id start with a goal of 155... that's. What I say you will be able to get from your equipment and car

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

id start the goal with a 150 lol, then would run 4 of the new 15" m2 xl's on 2 7.5k's strapped at 1.4 ohms..

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

well her since most people that have commented on this dont run anything over 7k and are talking out there ass and full of drama

at least 3 runs of 1/0 power and ground from front battery to back

Biggest high output alternator you can find

Since i doubt you can fit dual alts you are going to have to try to fit as many batteries as possible. I would look into running about 10 xs power,batcap,kinetik, shuriken batteries. The first 2 i listed are the best out right now

I aint trying to shoot down your dreams but a 60 takes quite a bit of trial and error. People that do 60s+ have alot of testing and build boxes just to take them right out and try something else.

Im basically in the same boat as you im going to run 28k daily and i can only fit one alt so i am having to build my electrical as strong as i possible can so i can keep my voltage up

Edited by 9515ROB

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

just curious. how loud are you trying to get?

how many DBs?

i was hoping with how much im putting into this to hit170 but i think thats a little farfetched as somone else said but at min 160 i want 160 if i can get more then im happy but i want 160

shooting for 160-170 on a first time build? dang...

1992 Camry "Stormtrooper"Quantum Audio DVD/USB/AUX 3.5" single din H/UXS D690Cadence 0g wiring and Kicker 4g wiring(2) Selenium 6w4p's(2) Selenium ST200'sKicker 200.4 (mids & highs)(1)Kicker and (2)Stinger RCA'sSecondSkin in trunk and doors12K HIDsMulitcolor Angel EyesSoon to be done:Big 3Mechman H/O Altsubs?amp?

That thing is going to eat people nearby cars, unsecured objects, and small children

Fixed!

wow nice. i wanted nos on my car but the gf said no. i was just gunna do a 50 shot tho haha

Get a new girlfriend.

honestly, 160-170 is unreasonable for that. if youve seen steve's numbers, he hit almost 160 with 4x the amount of time and money invested.

1992 Camry "Stormtrooper"Quantum Audio DVD/USB/AUX 3.5" single din H/UXS D690Cadence 0g wiring and Kicker 4g wiring(2) Selenium 6w4p's(2) Selenium ST200'sKicker 200.4 (mids & highs)(1)Kicker and (2)Stinger RCA'sSecondSkin in trunk and doors12K HIDsMulitcolor Angel EyesSoon to be done:Big 3Mechman H/O Altsubs?amp?

That thing is going to eat people nearby cars, unsecured objects, and small children

Fixed!

wow nice. i wanted nos on my car but the gf said no. i was just gunna do a 50 shot tho haha

Get a new girlfriend.

honestly, 160-170 is unreasonable for that. if youve seen steve's numbers, he hit almost 160 with 4x the amount of time and money invested.

just shut the hell up you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about

I doubt you have done a 40 with you banging ass audiobahn and you poop acoustic amp

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

Looking into and researching how much power im gonna need for 2 lvl 5 18s powered by the 9kamps 1 to each and need help finding mids and highs and what i need to power them with any info would help also where i can browse where to buy some good mids and highs this is all going into a 05 tiburon looking to be the loudest hatchback in my area

good luck with that, because i had 2 lvl 5 18s in a hatch, in ohio :P

unless you mean your specific city, then well.. im in columbus...

but im doing 4 15s and 2 DC 5ks here soon

unless you just mean specifically a no wall vehicle LOL

i wouldnt put 2 9ks on 2 lvl 5s, unless its a burp application, thats from my personal review of it.. that power is more along the lines of the lvl 6s...

audiosavings.com sells good mids and highs, and DC has the 175.4 to match up with it.. honestly, i had a lil 200w 2 channel hooked up to my mids and highs, and it kept up with my integra doing 55s on music at the headrest... dont see why the 175.4 couldnt handle that, on some decent mids

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

ok bringing me down to earth with all the info i apperciate it alot well can somone pm me so we can talk about how and what i would need to build a reliable 160 db DC system thats really what i want and willing to do just about anything to get it

a 4th order....

or a very efficient car, and box....

or just scrap it, and get a CRX or a panda... that would get you the 160 with the equipment you listed

with 1 7k, i was only able to get 155.2 db at the headrest at 35hz on music..

theoretically doubling the power CAN yield 3db... i had 2 lvl 5 18s in a wall...

so even with 3db gain by doubling the power, thats 158...

160 is a HUGE goal, and its hard to achieve... aim for mid 50s, on music and be happy with it.. if its your daily/demo car..

if its a all out burp car that will be trailered, then yeah, 160 should be the goal.. but start off with a realistic goal first, then test and test and test till you start seeing improvements... you would be amazed how taking off a seatbelt on 1 side can yield .2 db... and at that range, .2 can cost thousands :P

edit

2 18s is 508 sq inch of cone.. not 36

and 4 18s is 1017... not 72....

Edited by Team_DC-Derrick

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones