07 Yukon Slt Alternator?

Car electrical systems are not my deal at all, so I have a couple questions. First off, I have a 07 Yukon SLT, and my guess is it has a 160 amp alt. I know for a fact I will need several new batteries, but would I need to replace the alt? I'll be putting out around 3000k watts total. As it stands now, the fucking head lights dim whenever I use the power seat adjustment, which confuses me. Hopefully I don't have to spend even more money and get a new god damn alternator.

teamsundown-1.jpg

Car electrical systems are not my deal at all, so I have a couple questions. First off, I have a 07 Yukon SLT, and my guess is it has a 160 amp alt. I know for a fact I will need several new batteries, but would I need to replace the alt? I'll be putting out around 3000k watts total. As it stands now, the fucking head lights dim whenever I use the power seat adjustment, which confuses me. Hopefully I don't have to spend even more money and get a new god damn alternator.

I'm kind of in the same boat you're in right now. I'm trying to decide if I should go the dual alt route or just do a single 300amp alt for my truck. The 07 I believe are using 4 guage right as far as power cabling is concern so stepping up to a big 3 might help with the dimming. If you do the B3 then I would suggest using bigger guage cabling. Over at cheverloteforum.com the have some folks running dual batteries off the single 160a alternators right now but if you know your gonna run more than 2 batteries then i think you may want to look into getting a bigger alternator as well. Just my .02 on it. I plan on running around 4500 - 5000k for my audio and I still can't find much information on people running multiple alternator setups on the newer chevy trucks.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

I have an '06 with the factory 160amp alt and I'm running right at 3k watts total. The factory charging system in these trucks is pathetic. I saw huge voltage drops, even after doing the big 3 in 1/0, until I added a pair of yellowtops in the back. This was just a bandaid for the piss poor factory alt and it took the addition of a second 200amp alt to overcome my electrical problems. The reason I added a second instead of upgrading to one big one is because a local "alternator guy" explained to me how the newer GM trucks have computer controlled alternators and I didn't want the ecu holding back the output of my upgraded alt. So my cure was to add a second alt just for the stereo completely bypassing the factory plug & ecu.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

I have an '06 with the factory 160amp alt and I'm running right at 3k watts total. The factory charging system in these trucks is pathetic. I saw huge voltage drops, even after doing the big 3 in 1/0, until I added a pair of yellowtops in the back. This was just a bandaid for the piss poor factory alt and it took the addition of a second 200amp alt to overcome my electrical problems. The reason I added a second instead of upgrading to one big one is because a local "alternator guy" explained to me how the newer GM trucks have computer controlled alternators and I didn't want the ecu holding back the output of my upgraded alt. So my cure was to add a second alt just for the stereo completely bypassing the factory plug & ecu.

That what I was thinking as well. With the ecu controlling everything electrical I didn't want to chance getting a big single alternator that wouldn't work as well because of the computer conflicting with it. The only thing that is holding me back from going dual right now is that I don't know how it will affect my warranty when it comes time to getting the truck worked on. I've been searching the net for any info I can on getting a dual setup on my suburban without happering my warranty and right now I can't find anything concreate.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

That what I was thinking as well. With the ecu controlling everything electrical I didn't want to chance getting a big single alternator that wouldn't work as well because of the computer conflicting with it. The only thing that is holding me back from going dual right now is that I don't know how it will affect my warranty when it comes time to getting the truck worked on. I've been searching the net for any info I can on getting a dual setup on my suburban without happering my warranty and right now I can't find anything concreate.

A dealership will make up any reason they can to void your warranty. I recently went through this with my truck and the final result was to pull everything not factory installed out before having any warranty work done. This would be my suggestion to you. Go ahead and run a dual alt setup but make sure and put it back to stock before attempting to take it back to the dealership for anything. Don't even take it in for an oil change because if they notice something different, they will make notes of it. My Yukon is known at the local GMC dealership as "The Stereo Truck".

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg