Sonic Electronix

Ready for the system. Need pro advice.

Ive been workin for a long damn time. Now im finally in a position to get shit poppin. I want some advice before i dive in with cash in my hand you know?

I have a Saturn L200. (gooood trunk space)

i have a niiice budget, but im lookin to save cash at every corner XD

i was thinkin 2 12's. but im up for suggestions. i liked my friends L5's but theyre all i knew. i can get 2 l5 12s off craigslist for like 240$ this weekend.

So Any suggestions on Make and size of subs.

What kind of box would be best for those subs in my car/trunk.

AMP? what wattage? i was thinkin i could install DIY

Ive done research i coooouuld do it on my own. but i feel like its SMARTEST to come here first. my homie was always talkin about these forums. and TIM OF AUDIOTISTICS APPLE VALLEY. might go to him.

this is for daily use? Do you back seats fold down? Will you be making your own box? What do you want the box tuned to? What kind of amp are you going to use for the subs?

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

dont go with kicker, you can get better for way cheaper, kicker isnt a bad brand, also i wouldnt buy used subs, unless you plan on reconinig them, lol. ive bought used subs before and had them both blow the same day, they started out playing stinky, also the kid who had them before me was an idiot and didnt know what impedance they were so he just had them hooked up to some shitty ass amp, but id look around before you decide, there are alot of options for good subs out there, no point in rushing into buying a system, like i've done in the past.

2x sundown audio sa 12's

Crescendo BC2000

kinetik 1800, 1400.

Rockford punch 5,25 component set

MB QUART ONYX 4.80

Mechman 270a alt

The L5's are a decent mid-grade sub. I have had pretty good luck with them myself. Not a bad choice...

But I do agree with what someone else said, I would be afraid to buy any sub used.

And you can't re-cone Kickers.

But if you buy them new, they are pretty good about replacing them, no questions asked.

Is there any other subs you had in mind?

DC makes some really nice stuff, maybe some lvl 2 or lvl 3 - 12's? Also, AQ, Sundown, and Skar seem to be doing big things too!

And there is always Fi, AA, and DD, they also make quality product, just not sure about the price range.

Anyway hope this helps. Good luck! :drinks:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

wil you being doing spl comps or are you looking for more of a sound quality setup?

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

OK, yea i feel you on the used gear thing. If its a pretty bad idea. then i wont. after all this is a big investment.

Its gonna be persoanl use no comps n shit..

and yes clarity is important i think the word is "fidelity" i wanna heavvvyy bass that you can feel. but it doesnt have to be overpowering, unless i want it to be at times ;)

I was hoping i could find new at a lower price range! suggestions for affordable new subs? i dont reallly wanna go over 500$ for subs n amp n box. buuut i can. am i crazy? or is that an ok budget?

I REALLLLLY apprecite al the feedback guys.. its hella hard to read thses forums on this browser though haha..

dc level 2's and a dc 1.2k its a tad bit over budget but you shouldent need more then 1 sheet of mdf for say two 10s then wiring you get get from knukocepts for cheap, or buy off someone here or caco etc, wire is wire

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog