Second Skin Audio

New to the forum and need a little advice!

Hello, new to the forum and I knew if I needed car audio advice, this is the place to get it. As my name almost suggest, (realize now it is mispelled) but hey..I have a 2011 Chrysler 200s and I'm looking to sound deaden the car before I add some subs. I was planning on adding 80sq ft. of Damplifier Pro and didnt really know what else I should add. I obviously don't want my panels rattling or road noise. Would I be okay with just adding the Luxury Liner Pro? Any suggestions Jon? lol

2011 Chrysler 200 S (Black on Black on Black w/ black trim) :)

Changing all the time but, for now.....

*Coming Soon*

80sq ft. SS Damp Pro (INSTALLED)

36sq ft. SS Luxury Liner (INSTALLED)

Big 3 (RF 0 Gauge)

All RF power wire, speaker wire, RCA's

RF T3 6.5" components (2 sets) have

RF T800-4 ad (mids & highs)

XS Power D925

XS Power D3400 have

still undecided on sub/sub amp

I have the damp pro and its really the only thing you need a did my whole truck with 80sq ft. It's best product for your money!

03' NISSAN XTERRA

(1) AQ3500d

(1) AQ4x90

(1) Audio Control Line Driver

(4) DC LVL 4 15's

Cresendo Mids and Highs

100' of 0/guage

Big Three

Mechman 270a Charging @ 16.5v

(6) XS D1400's

Highest Termlab Score 149.9 at the kick & 166.1 in the Port/ on stock electrical and 1 DC XL M1

Updated JUNE 2012*****MY BUILD LOG

USACI REGION 6 POINTS LEADER 2011

USACI KANSAS RECORD HOLDER 2011

Team DC

dcletterhead.jpg

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

damp pro is awesome stuff. my truck is coffin quiet now and i still havea ton left.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I have the damp pro and its really the only thing you need a did my whole truck with 80sq ft. It's best product for your money!

thank you xterra..I would think I would need more sq. footage than that now you said that. I'm looking to do my entire car..doors, floor, roof, and entire trunk

*Coming Soon*

Big 3 (RF 0 Gauge)

XS Power D925

XS Power D3400 have

damp pro is awesome stuff. my truck is coffin quiet now and i still havea ton left.

you dont think I should even add foam or anything..I dont want my panels to rattle or anything

*Coming Soon*

Big 3 (RF 0 Gauge)

XS Power D925

XS Power D3400 have

if ur car is brand new which it is from the manufact date then close cell foam shouldnt really be necessary. i started deadedning my cobalt new as well and most panel rattling came from pulling the panels multiple times. So my main suggestion to you would be to figure out exactly where ur goal is and do it all at once. run the wires sound deaden the car ect all in one sweep and ull be good to go.

replace any broken clips if u have them right away. the rediculus 5 bucks per clip or whatever bullshit the dealership charges is worth having all those clips in

lastly if ur really looking for a majorly quiet ride LLP all around wherever it fits. just remember that its hard as hell to get it to stick on a vertical surface... so use contact cement, try ur best to get it one and done stuck, and get something to hold pressure on it for a few hours to dry

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

if ur car is brand new which it is from the manufact date then close cell foam shouldnt really be necessary. i started deadedning my cobalt new as well and most panel rattling came from pulling the panels multiple times. So my main suggestion to you would be to figure out exactly where ur goal is and do it all at once. run the wires sound deaden the car ect all in one sweep and ull be good to go.

replace any broken clips if u have them right away. the rediculus 5 bucks per clip or whatever bullshit the dealership charges is worth having all those clips in

lastly if ur really looking for a majorly quiet ride LLP all around wherever it fits. just remember that its hard as hell to get it to stick on a vertical surface... so use contact cement, try ur best to get it one and done stuck, and get something to hold pressure on it for a few hours to dry

Thanks emperor..thats exactly what I was looking for. Yes, I purchased it brand new and only has 3,500 miles and parked for winter. That is why I have decided to do all of this now. I'm a little stuck trying to take the B-pillar trim piece out. I'm not sure how the clip releases at the top of the piece above the seat belt, but everything else is stripped, except both B-pillar trim pieces and the headliner. Also adding alot more, I will take pictures and start a build log in about two weeks. I havent broke any clips, yet!!..but I did crack the C-pillar trim piece, a little bit. :) Thanks for the help!!

*Coming Soon*

Big 3 (RF 0 Gauge)

XS Power D925

XS Power D3400 have

This is what I get for taking most of yesterday off and not doing much on the forums. Glad to know the SMD members chimed in. :drinks:

Chrylser200s, the best solution is to use a combination of products like many of the members have suggested. 40-80sq. ft. of Damplifier/Damplifier Pro in combination with 36-54 sq. ft. of Luxury Liner Pro on the floor, trunk, and wherever else you can imagine.

Adding a thin layer of closed cell foam behind trim pieces will help eliminate those irritating rattles and squeaks that can still be heard ever after treating the panels with vibration mat. Our OverKill is fairly cheap and really effective, just love the stuff.

Don't forget to check out our latest deals and specials (check my sig). And as always, don't hesitate to hit us up to discuss your needs even further.

Edited by Second Skin Rep Jon

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

that is true about overkill its cheap and effective for fixing rattles from panel to panel. so it might be a good idea to get it anyway just to make sure down the road u have no problems. with a brand new car and if u never take it apart again that would be up in the air IMO. but if u do start taking it apart again and again then ya thats a must

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

This is what I get for taking most of yesterday off and not doing much on the forums. Glad to know the SMD members chimed in. :drinks:

Chrylser200s, the best solution is to use a combination of products like many of the members have suggested. 40-80sq. ft. of Damplifier/Damplifier Pro in combination with 36-54 sq. ft. of Luxury Liner Pro on the floor, trunk, and wherever else you can imagine.

Adding a thin layer of closed cell foam behind trim pieces will help eliminate those irritating rattles and squeaks that can still be heard ever after treating the panels with vibration mat. Our OverKill is fairly cheap and really effective, just love the stuff.

Don't forget to check out our latest deals and specials (check my sig). And as always, don't hesitate to hit us up to discuss your needs even further.

I was wondering where you were at Jon. :) I will placing my order tomorrow, and hopefully I'll start putting up pictures within a week or two as I get started on my project. Thanks for all the input guys!!

*Coming Soon*

Big 3 (RF 0 Gauge)

XS Power D925

XS Power D3400 have