Hello All

Here's Gretchen, my Dodge shop truck.

I'm installing a Sony head, JL Slash amps, Hybrid Legatia speakers, and DD 1508's.

Box comes first. (2) DD 1508's at 2.2ft3 tuned to 34hz.

I'm keeping it really simple, no molding into any trim or anything.

siteprep1.jpg

siteprep2.jpg

STP Gold deadener

siteprep3.jpg

siteprep4.jpg

thebox1.jpg

3" PVC for ports. This box is tuned at the advice of Ray West - Many thanks.

thebox2.jpg

thebox3.jpg

thebox4.jpg

Gooped up good. I did put a brace in the middle, by the way.

thebox5.jpg

Nice even glue dripping. I hate caulking the back seam, and on this box it would be impossible. I opted for a buttload of wood glue instead of gorilla.

thebox6.jpg

This box is screwed along the side edges. This is the first box I've screwed together since I was 17 and got a compressor and nail gun.... I did it because I want to put a pretty large radius on the sides and not risk screwing up my honking router bit. Those puppies aren't cheap.

thebox7.jpg

thebox8.jpg

thebox9.jpg

Plaster for the shape. I'm sick of slaving away on bondo..... well actually I just had all day to tinker on 3 different things, so I figured I had the time to wait for plaster to dry and I could take advantage of it's ease of sanding. It's plenty tough for this job.

shapingthebox1.jpg

shapingthebox2.jpg

Seat all the way back

shapingthebox3.jpg

Scooted up where I actually drive this thing. I sit farther forward than usual because of the long clutch travel.

shapingthebox4.jpg

shapingthebox5.jpg

shapingthebox6.jpg

shapingthebox7.jpg

Tuani Fabrication

Wasilla, AK

I considered doing these end caps several different ways, with several different shapes, but here's what I did. I rounded all the edges, but kept the insert corners sharp. top and bottom of the box are 3/4" radius, sides are actually a 1-1/4" radius but not with the bit all the way down. I think it will look pretty cool.

I was also going to do the port insert later, but figured I'd just hog it out and fill it all up/in when the insert is removed. I'll level out the side with the ports quite a ways. It's coming along nicely but leaving my shop in the biggest cloud of dust I've had in a long time. Not since I was sanding plaster with my 8" rotary on the display.

shapingplaster5.jpg

shapingplaster4.jpg

shapingplaster3.jpg

shapingplaster2.jpg

shapingplaster1.jpg

The ridiculous cloud of dust.

shapingplaster.jpg

In retrospect, the plaster wasn't even close to strong enough for this aggressive of an insert, So i knocked the end caps off and redid the profiles with duraglass.

99fde62e.jpg

f81d9c08.jpg

064fc65e.jpg

e8e64848.jpg

I couldn't help it, had to shoot some primer. I'll get the last bit of filler on there and have it blocked out and wrapped up as soon as I can....

f4c4f61b.jpg

I blasted them with Urethane primer today. I had some sitting around thickening up.... figured I'd use it to black out the box.

I'm not going to wrap it until I have the console built and the transitions figured out.

shapeduptoprimer6.jpg

shapeduptoprimer7.jpg

Tuani Fabrication

Wasilla, AK

Wow. One hell of a first and second post! Welcome to the forums, you have amazing skills! The aeroports look flawless!

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Sick! Love the look of those subs in that box.

Bobwires? as in, the Bobwires in Alaska from fgf.com?

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Thanks fellas.

Yes MD, I don't know of any other Bobwires.

It's a 3/4" radius on the port, 1-1/4" on the sides of the box.

Tuani Fabrication

Wasilla, AK

Thanks fellas.

Yes MD, I don't know of any other Bobwires.

It's a 3/4" radius on the port, 1-1/4" on the sides of the box.

haha glad to see you over here sharing your clean lookin' work man :clapping:

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

• 2 weeks later...

Archived