Second Skin Audio

Which box type is best?

BooMBoX

I'm lookin to throw 4 Sa-8's or VVX-8's in the back of my scion and im just trying to figure out which box will work best for my purpose, I'm debating between setting up a 4th order or a regular ported box. Any opinions? Any advice is welcome

4th order is going to take up more room. How much room are you willing to give up.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

its a 2004 xb and im giving up the entire rear of the vehicle i.e. rear seats folded down. Pretty much the entire car up to the front seats, but no full wall. Right now i have 4.0 cube ported bow with an Re Audio SEX 15 tuned to 34hz. takes up one side of the rear seats folded down so conservatively I have about 10 cubes to play with.

Im personally lookin for high sq but still be able to hit acceptable numbers in spl. Right now im in the process of designing and building a t-line for my Re Sex 15" so depending on how this goes I may end up throwing the 8's in a t-line as well. I just want a fairly wide passband, not a big fan of being loud as hell at the tuning freq then droppin like a rock when hittin a few tones higher or lower.

Archived