Second Skin Audio

box choice

ok so i have 2 rf t2 12"s that i will be building box(s) for. i have to design in wich i did make a post on the spl section and did get some good advice over there. Some of them said that a single chamber box will be louder, who else can back this up?

Update on post #14

Edited by alaskanzx5

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I say go single chamber - less complicated, and smaller (I cant speak to the TL #s though). There is honestly no reason to put them in separate air spaces.

:drinks:

Edited by SnowDrifter

ok, thats 4 and 0 so single chamber wins. thanks guys, now i just gotta finish the design a little add some space for bracing. i might paint the port silver like my car and do black and blue fabric, any suggestions on painting mdf? for fabric it will be black with what ever side ends up on top being blue with a rf symbol in the middle. gonna get it tested several time in different positions before i put the finishing touches on it. the build will start once it gets warm enough, -10 to 30 degrees is to cold to work outside. so another 2 months or so.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, i finally had some time to complete the design for the box. if my guess is right i will even still be able to fit both the mid range and sub amps along with the extra battery and cap all in the trunk with the box. if not oh well i can figure it out when the time comes.

well here are the dimensions and sketch-up of the box. hope you like. wont be starting the actual build for about 2 months to cold outside.

THEBOXDESIGN2.png

there will be a single brace between the 2 sub, a 2x4 with the cornors rounded off also the port walls will be rounded the cornors of the box will all have 45 in them.

THEBOX.png

THEBOX3.png

THEBOX2.png

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

also i will double up on all the outer walls making it 1.5" thick

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

some one pointed out to me that i do need to put 3 for common walls and i did but it doesnt change the box enough for it to make a difference worth adapting to.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

some one pointed out to me that i do need to put 3 for common walls and i did but it doesnt change the box enough for it to make a difference worth adapting to.

I admit that I'm new to the Torres Calculator, but the box looks like 2 common walls. Where does the 3 come from?

Not arguing, I'm wanting to learn ;)