Sonic Electronix

Oh, and those SA-10's are only 600-1000 watts? Then what the fuck are you talking about wiring two subs together doesn't change RMS? If you run those "about" 1000w RMS subs at 1 ohm on that amp, they're going to get 2k watts as a pair(2k EACH), according to what you said right? Obviously not, you wouldn't do that unless you were trying to kill those subs. So, you just proved your previous statement wrong, and answered my question all in one?

I am really not too sure where you logic is coming from...doubling up on some subs do not increase capability whatsoever. A 600RMS sub will take 600RMS regardless of how many drivers are hooked up. Two subs wired to a 1 ohm nominal on a 1,000 watt amplifier doing 1,000 at 1 ohm nominal will give each sub 500 watts....not 1,000 a piece...

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I thought they taught math to everybody... Hmmmm... if you take two 500 watt subs and hook them up to 1 amp, how big would the ideal amp size be? 500x2, aka 500+500=1000! 1000 Watt amp.

So you were right about the subs. 3x400=1200 watts in ideal situations. However, the clean delivery of the 1200 watts of power is the key factor. If it is dirty power, then you will ruin your equipment, and not get your power. I have an AP15001D and it wont do 1500 watts RMS cleanly, so I can't do the 1500 watts RMS. Maybe your amplifier will only do 400 RMS cleanly. Go to an audio shop and get them to use the O-scope on your amp to set your gains.

1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire

*3 Kinetik 2400s and a Mechman 270A alt in the future*

what is this i don't even

:shrug:

1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire

*3 Kinetik 2400s and a Mechman 270A alt in the future*

polar-bear-face-palm_thumbnail1-300x280.jpg

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Lol everyone is calling me dumb? I was being sarcastic. HE SAID: "Wiring two subs together does NOT double rms handling, only changes ohms" or some shit like that. So I basically asked him if he was running 2k to his two 1k RMS subs, he says yes. So, I sarcastically said....

Oh, and those SA-10's are only 600-1000 watts? Then what the fuck are you talking about wiring two subs together doesn't change RMS? If you run those "about" 1000w RMS subs at 1 ohm on that amp, they're going to get 2k watts as a pair(2k EACH), according to what you said right?In other words, I was a little mean here, mocking his misinformation. Hence "ACCORING TO WHAT YO SAID, RIGHT?" According to his post, if the rms is not changed, they would see the full 2k rms from that amp at one ohm Obviously not, you wouldn't do that unless you were trying to kill those subsIn other words, he wouldn't give each individual sub 2K RMS, because it would blow them. So, you just proved your previous statement wrong, and answered my question all in one?

I sure hope everyone that was like "wtf", thinks again and can actually interpret some SARCASM? This really made me lol, like 5 different people were bout ready to gang up on me when you guys are actually the ones misunderstanding. I'm not saying they would get 2k, they would get 1k each and not 2k like his information stated.

2,000 as a pair does not equal 2,000 a piece. As a pair, as in total 2,000. I'm out of this thread, my face hurts

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

am i wrong ? and mad_mike my subs are a bit different they are rated at 600 watts rms each but there each getting 1100 watts . basically this way. AQ 2200D 2200 watts @ 1 ohm. divde the AMP output by number of subs. in my case 2. so 2200watts / 2 subs equals 1100watts to each sub. you divde the amp output, because in a perfect world each sub would get the same power. with those single voice coil subs i wouldn't over power them . my subs are different. get it ?

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd