Sonic Electronix

Looking for some marine audio knowledge

Ive heard like 4 or 5 boat setups 2 of them being mine. I had a nautique 226, and the sub was in a sealed enclosure on the driver side right behind the driver seat, kinda low. I also had a nautique 210 where the sub was in a sealed box under the passenger seat (it was kind of like lounge chair that lifted up for storage). Both of those setups were enough to keep up with 8-10 polk 6.5s and 4 tower speakers, and would send ripples through the water off the boat. IMO sealed is the way to go on a boat.

Thank you guys... this is the info i was looking for :)

Yea i have the room i do believe for the 2 15s up front ill seal em up and throw some of that spray waterproofing suff you can buy for shoes and such ive heard thatll flex more then enough for the surround... I think im just going to throw a small amp on them for now see how it goes.. they handle 500rms each and i know under powering isnt the best for subs... but i dont want to possibly add stress fractures to the front of the boat... dont wanna get into that massive fiberglass project ;) lol

Ill for sure be taking a bunch of build pics when i start.. like i said as it sits its not a bow rider (no seats in the front only under bow storage) were going to cut all that out and put in the sub box get then build the seats off of that then fiberglass it all in (weather protection more then anything...) It ought to be a fun project

Heres a pic of the idea were going to use for the boat. The front part of the seat (the 6sided part) is going to house the subs.. and they are going to fire under each of the other seats and then into the boat... should be enough to get some good reflection :)

ifbon5.jpg

Truck

Polk 4x6 Plates

Polk 4x6

Polk PA660 4Channel amp

JVC USB Deck

Wifes Car (under construction)

Polk MoMo 6.5" Components

Polk 6x9s

Polk Pa660 4Channel amp

Still trying to talk her into a sub or 2

Boat (under construction)

Polk 5.25" Components

Polk 6.5" Components

2x American Bass DX15s

Polk PA660 4Channel

2x Polk PA880 Sub Amps (hopefully)

Really? A CAR audio site? You thought we knew all about boat stuff? I mean I know it's related buy a boat is not the same thing as a car.

Its not that far off... i just want to know the best box setup...

If you sat a box on the ground in your drive way, wich box would sound the best... yes i will have the sides of the boat for sound to bounce off of... the subs will also have a 2.5-3' tunnel the sound/air will be moving thru before it reaches the open area of the boat. Ive seen alot of pictures of them just being placed into the under part of the seat pointing inwards.. but having 3 kids im not risking that and i dont think that will give the best sound.... just looking for someone with some boat knowledge... and 99% of people that have shops and do car installs have done ATV/Motorcycle/Boat/and everything else.... those are the people im looking for :)

Hey, it was a free bump :)

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I've heard 4 L7 15s in a 27 ft v hull, they made the rear seat into one big ass ported box. It sounded pretty decent, boats will almost never sound as good as cars imo. It was a pretty nice setup all in all.

My uncle has an older boston 10, no idea on model, but sounds great in his 23' interceptor

Yea this isnt a bad ass cigerette boat or anything... just a good ol 20' Thompson Deep V (I can go out on the great lakes with mine ;) ) Got it on trade last year and actually used it EVERY weekend... 2x 25gal tanks on it and a inline 6 psh went out 12 times and used just a 1/4 of a tank... lol thats 1/4 of ONE of the tanks i havent even put gas in the other one yet.

Truck

Polk 4x6 Plates

Polk 4x6

Polk PA660 4Channel amp

JVC USB Deck

Polk 6x9s

Polk Pa660 4Channel amp

Polk 5.25" Components

Polk 6.5" Components

2x American Bass DX15s

Polk PA660 4Channel

2x Polk PA880 Sub Amps (hopefully)

• 1 month later...

So 4th order it is... is there any calculations you need in figuring out a 4th order?

Truck

Polk 4x6 Plates

Polk 4x6

Polk PA660 4Channel amp

JVC USB Deck

Polk 6x9s

Polk Pa660 4Channel amp

Polk 5.25" Components