So This has been happening for the past 2 weeks now.

some days the power going to my amp through the capacitor doesn't die off at all, and then

there are those days where that bass will only hit for 30 secs before dying down tremendously.

i went back and check all the wiring and what i came to find is that my connections (to the main battery)

werent clean and had black residue on them. so i cleaned the connections up and then i came to find that the

plastic around the positive side of the battery were starting to melt. so i placed 1 of the 3 connections on a

different positive charge.

well that technique only worked for a couple of days without there being any power loss, so today as i was driving

and noticed that the light on my remote bass control under the dash was starting to die down( happened before).

so i went back and checked all the connections and everything was clean and had no sign of melting plactics .

just wondering what the problem might be.

im running 2 gauge wire through the truck for the amp. i have a 1600 watt single channel amp / a capacitor / 2 12" shallow mount 400watt subs.

the truck is a 2010 chevy silverado 1500 regular cab.

Its the cap get rid of it.......

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Marketing strikes again....

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

if you have black on the posts its not going to be the cap. however it could be the source of the problem

your cap causing the battery to over heat because your charging system is pushing amperage through a dead cell.

id replace your battery.

as well as take out the cap.

but the battery is going to be the problem

Edited by D-train-13k

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

So get rid of the cap? And replace the battery?

definitely get rid of the cap.

then take your battery to a shop and have them load test it. to make sure you dont have a dead cell.

but usually when you have a burnt post its a dead cell. your voltage will measure the same but amperage will drop.

im assuming you have a lead acid battery ?

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/