Second Skin Audio

sub

basshead8569

So lets get this straight.. you work at an audio shop, but do not know that voice coils are a reactive impedance?

No, he works at a shop...no...he means he is a professional...no, he means the shop was professional....no, he means he had a box guy on his team of uber cool cars but he is the engine guy...

<_<

Whats your prob bro? Not trying to start crap. I never said I was a pro. Never said uber cool car club. and i do work at a shop. Like I have said I am still LEARNING. And I work mostly on engines.

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

Ok basshead8569 so using aero ports one can save considerable box size without loosing any specs, these dims will fit your trunk for sure:

External Height = 16 in

External Width = 39 in

External Depth = 25 in

Since you are using separate amplifiers dividing airspace is a most, this is quick mod a sketchup from a diferent design for you to see, should be setup for front firing:

BH.png

No point in angling the front since the aeros need breathing room, angling the back could be an option but back firing is not recommended for your type of vehicle.

That looks like it could work. Thanks for all the help. So far your the only helpful person on here. The rest just want to start crap with someone that is still trying to learn more about car audio..... Thanks again...

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

Ok so triple check your dims and let me know any questions so I can submit a specification, and another thing are you absolutely positive about going with those subs??

Well, if I do go with something else. What will it do? Like for the time being if I was to build that box. I would for now have 2 kicker dcvr 12"subs in it. Would the box tuning be different? Cause of right now those are what I am getting.

oh and those dimms will work. I put a friends subs in there to see the noise they was making. And his is 41 wide and 28 deep and 16.5 tall. And I had decent enough room.

External Height = 16 in

External Width = 39 in

External Depth = 25 in

will work.

About the SS subs you are planning on, they have a pretty large net internal vol (Vb) requirements for a 12" so most other subs will find themselves in a higher than recommended vol. Anyways Here is the spec of the box:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 32,37 Hz

Vb = 3,087 ft^3 (per chamber)

Subwoofer Mounting = Flush Mounted

External Height = 16 in

External Width = 39 in

External Depth = 25 in

Cut List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2 x Front & Back (3 parts) = 39 x 16

Left & Right Sides + Center Divider (3 parts) = 22 3/4 x 14 1/2

Top & Bottom = 39 x 22 3/4

Port # and Dimensions (per chamber):

Number of Ports = 2

Aero Port Diameter = 4

Aero Port Length = 18

Just place the box as far from the seats as you can and place your amps on the back seat as they were, they will be receiving a nice cooling blow from the ports of the enclosure. Since this design assembles differently than the previous one I will be posting a new diagram for you to see.

And before cutting any wood check all the design yourself, you are not expected to find anything unusual but if you did let me know.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::clapping:

this is funny i love when noobs wont lisen to nobody!

Wont listen?? I listen. And it is my first big build. Not a lil system. Want to make sure I do it all right the first time...

About the SS subs you are planning on, they have a pretty large net internal vol (Vb) requirements for a 12" so most other subs will find themselves in a higher than recommended vol. Anyways Here is the spec of the box:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 32,37 Hz

Vb = 3,087 ft^3 (per chamber)

Subwoofer Mounting = Flush Mounted

External Height = 16 in

External Width = 39 in

External Depth = 25 in

Cut List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2 x Front & Back (3 parts) = 39 x 16

Left & Right Sides + Center Divider (3 parts) = 22 3/4 x 14 1/2

Top & Bottom = 39 x 22 3/4

Port # and Dimensions (per chamber):

Number of Ports = 2

Aero Port Diameter = 4

Aero Port Length = 18

Just place the box as far from the seats as you can and place your amps on the back seat as they were, they will be receiving a nice cooling blow from the ports of the enclosure. Since this design assembles differently than the previous one I will be posting a new diagram for you to see.

And before cutting any wood check all the design yourself, you are not expected to find anything unusual but if you did let me know.

Plus the amps are fanned cooled internal. And I will probably get a fan to add to it. Forgot who but someone showed me pics of there build in a trunk car. And they used computer fans to blow on the amps. Thanks

Ok so this is the way it assembles and is actually your dimensions:

BHF.png

The center of the subs are 11 3/4",8" from the external edges.

Likewise the Ports are 3 1/8",4".

The placement of the ports is important since the ports should not be too near from each other and must not be placed where can weaken the baffle.

Let me know any questions or comments you may have.

Archived