Mechman Alternators

Grounding alt case

Im installing my MachMan alt today and I see so many times peoples electrical hicups are solved by better grounds to the alternator... how exactlyu do you ground the case though??? Go from alt mounting bolt to the battery??

I just wanna get this out of the way now while im doing it the first time, its a bitch to learn into my engine bay to istall shit and i dont wanna have to shoot down electrical demons later

lol

or you can just start hooking shit up together and blow up speakers and your amp

Im installing my MachMan alt today and I see so many times peoples electrical hicups are solved by better grounds to the alternator... how exactlyu do you ground the case though??? Go from alt mounting bolt to the battery??

I just wanna get this out of the way now while im doing it the first time, its a bitch to learn into my engine bay to istall shit and i dont wanna have to shoot down electrical demons later

I have the mechman 220a alt for my ride. Mine the alt mounting bolt goes to the battery. Been a month and no problems so far...

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

the alt is one of the best grounds in the vehicle... ground from the engine to the frame, and the engine/alt to the batt, and of course batt to frame...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Alt mount to batt negative. Batt negative to frame. Should be good from there.

This.

Some alternators will have a ground stud installed, in that case you will want to use the stud.

Others won't, so if it doesn't have one you simply run a ground from the mount bolt directly to the battery negative.

Some units will have powdercoated brackets or cases, make sure they are cleaned to the metal at the mounting surfaces to insure they conduct properly.

Ground the alternator directly to the battery. Ground the battery directly to the frame or chassis.

I've got a new dodge ram so its the weird Denso alt its not powder coated our anything though

It should have an anti-corrosion coating on it, clean that off the mounting surfaces if it's not already cleaned off. You can use 400grit sandpaper if you want. That will promote proper ground.