A little something for fun

I'm sooo tuned in to this build!!! I really wish that I had a fraction of your craftmanship!!! :popcorn:

2002 Chevrolet Camaro 35th Anniv. Edition

Head Unit- Kenwood KDC-X794

Front Stage- Digital Designs DDAW6.5 Mids & DDAT28 Tweets

Rear Stage- Kicker KS650 6.5" Coaxial

Sub Stage- Sundown Audio SA-15 D2

Mids & Highs Amp- Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D

Sub Amp- Audioque AQ-1200D

Equalizer- Arc Audio XEQ 5 band graphic EQ 1/2 DIN

Electrical- XS Power D3400, Big 3 Knukonceptz 1/0g, Stinger volt meter & Knu accessories

Misc.- Over 80 ft.2 Second Skin Damp Pro, Overkill & Lux Liner

I wouldnt have even thought about doing a logo like that.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Yesterday was fun. My sons, David and Tristin, got interested and came out to help so I held some classes out there. We got quite a bit done, but J had to take the truck away at 4 and we had company coming over at 6 so it turned out to be a shorter day in the shop than I wished. Here's the progress pics. Enjoy

I prefer not lo leave fabrication looking like a "box in the car". To me that's just not fabricating, so the first order of business was to mold the fascia plate into the truck. Nothing new, you have sen it plenty of times on this forum.

I masked off the truck.

5ee66304.jpg

6865f4f3.jpg

Applied the filler:

6e74c477.jpg

1207a103.jpg

Popped it out of the truck. It gets a little tight to do this after molding everything in so you have to be careful not to break your work or scratch the interior. Then I set it up on the saw horses and went to work with the DA. Made it all SMOOF!

1bee2b0f.jpg

SO this parts a little funny. I started wrapping this in some left over vinyl from something I did a ver long time ago. It is some really ugly shit, but I have an affinity for ugly musical instruments so it worked out perfectly in wrapping a bass cabinet for an old bass player of mine. The funny part was when J saw I was using it. The look was excellent. It was kinda like "are you really putting that in my truck?" Yes I am J, Yes I am!!! Check it:

d37247cc.jpg

So you are probably wondering now what the hell I'm doing. These are old school raised graphics. I know they sell templates now so you can do these out of body filler, but I'm not there yet. This is how I do them...

Pasted my image:

eb17a02d.jpg

Cut it out with my OLFA knife:

2cac291f.jpg

I put that aside for a while as it was time to wrap the fascia panel. This shit took me an hour by itself. It was learning all over again. I had to talk to the vinyl and caress it, and love it and beat it..oh wait...that's for another forum. It was tough, but here's the results:

1c4631b5.jpg

I actually had my boys do this. The attached the grill material and the grill cloth without me. It turned out nice. One of the wants to be a fabricator, so this was a good day for him.

764c2586.jpg

Funky Lu

WYLA Designs

What Ya Lookin At?

you are right on the money with it not being "just a box in a car"

and it looks like you are doing something great to it. your work is very impressive

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

So all this time, there's been the giant hole in the top of the fascia board. I've known all along what I wanted to do with it, but no one else captured my vision until yesterday. Here's the process:

I put everything back in the truck after wrapping the fascia board. Sorry for the lack of pic here, but I was on a roll and J had to leave in 15 minutes. Then I inserted the panel I showed you earlier (the one with the raised graphics on it. I had the guys wrap the edges of the panel in tape while Tristin was mixing some hardener for me. If you can imagine it, everyone was running around like chickens without heads and I was playing the little general belting out commands. Here's what it looked like when I got J safely on his way:

248cfabb.jpg

7fa143ae.jpg

Then I wrapped it.

d5e7770b.jpg

Then I put it all together.As I knew I wanted a tight fit, I didn't account for the thickness of the vinyl on one of the panels on purpose. This came back to bite me in the ass when it came to joining them together. It took a little bit of oil to join the two panels together. Everything slid together without scarring the vinyls, but it left oily residue all over the place. It took quite a bit of Wax and Grease remover to clean it up. You can still see some residue in the pics. Here's the pics:

ed0004bd.jpg

b73c2ed9.jpg

I think we might finish today. I have some painting to do, and I have to finish my glow plate. Headed out there now. Catch you later.

Funky Lu

WYLA Designs

What Ya Lookin At?

you are right on the money with it not being "just a box in a car"

and it looks like you are doing something great to it. your work is very impressive

Thank you very much.

Thanks everyone who's commented. I really appreciate the encouragement.

Funky Lu

WYLA Designs

What Ya Lookin At?

Archived