Sonic Electronix

140 dbs with less than 200$??? can it be done??

as soon as i saw that score i couldn't stop laughing. last show i went to, some guy had a semi walled car with an 18 fi btl with practically the same score! just thought i would throw that out there. its not about the price but knowing what to do. with that said i could use some serious advice about upping my spl myself.

2005 ford explorer xlt limited 4x4

2 xs power d3400s

2 runs of shca

mid/ highs- infinity 6x8 3 ways

2 18 ssa icons

2 aq 1200.1 @ 2 ohms

10 cubes tuned to 36 hrz

fhegcupe you know better then to use power tools while drinking just look at that hole you cut for the sub lol. nice work bro

hahahaa who cares? it was a test box, yes i was drinking as always :)

this prooves what the right enclosure will do for your scor , my best is 150.2 off a single 187 incriminator 12 and a 1000 watt amp

That´s one sick score, mind posting some pics?? :)

Very nice, Great thread bro :clapping:

thanks a lot bro, glad you like it :drinks:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

as soon as i saw that score i couldn't stop laughing. last show i went to, some guy had a semi walled car with an 18 fi btl with practically the same score! just thought i would throw that out there. its not about the price but knowing what to do. with that said i could use some serious advice about upping my spl myself.

hehe thanks man, glad you like it, and about the semi walled car, well, sometimes you get a car that sounds very nice but score like shit, this box i built was meant for 50% music and 50% burp, that´s a big difference against that guy´s box :peepwall:

Once again, thanks for the kind comment :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I built the box for my lil punch 1 15" before I read your thread on tips to increase DBs. Makes my box look full of fail LOL (no 45s, duct tape, kerfs or flares and waaaay too little port area)

Love it, bro.

Thanks a lot bro, glad you like it! Well, don´t think your box is full of fails or anything, i´ve gotten GREAT results by just getting old boxes louder applying as many tips of that topic as i can, without tearing apart the box or anything :)

Naah I don't think it is i was just being funny. But it is funny really, no matter how much you do to plan a box you will always find something that you could've done different that would have made a difference... I went a little larger volume and tuned a bit lower so it would hit deep, and it does... I played it in the house and 27hz rattles dishes in the cupboard, but 3 or 5 more DBs would probably put it in the 135-ish area in the car. I don't expect to do hair tricks on one cheap 15 and 200 watts, but it'd be nice. Live and learn

You will get better sound with mdf wood will increase the DB too

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

awesome to see what can be done with a little booze and a tl lol

06 GP GXP

Google Nexus 7 16gb

Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.3

*Electrical*

DC Power 320a HP

2 - Juicebox Bananas g31

Stinger SPP2250 rear

Kinetik HC1800 side of wall

Optima Red Top front

Monster Cable 1/0, 2 runs to rear

Monster Cable 1/0 Big 3

2-Rockford Fosgate T1652S's

Rockford Fosgate T400-4

Rockford Fosgate T40001bd (4693rms @1ohm)

4-Sundown SA-15 D2's wired @ 1ohm/These are on the way out for 4 one off Eminent Audio 15's

15.2 cubes net tuned @34hz! Walled off

DBdrag official 151.6db @46hz

GXP Build log!:GP GXP Walled

Quality is the sign of a true enthusiast!

Refs: Link to leave more: http://www.stevemead...91#entry1603091

Bought from: Trippi (RF T2500bd, T1000-4),bre2ts (25ft Knu 1/0)

Sold to: shmew22 (T1500bdCP), Rev. Wrath (RF 3SIXTY.1), trjohnst (Knu 1/0, 3 fuse holders), Enemyofsilence (Audio Technix, RF T400-4).

You will get better sound with mdf wood will increase the DB too

It is built with MDF and it's braced fairly well too. What fecupe2001 did was to make the air flow better in and out of the port and around the sub. That's what I didn't do. Don't get me wrong, it's waaay better than prefab, actually in the car it hits really deep for a shitty sub. I'll tell you something though, my next box will be tons louder... Kudos fecupe2001

After thinking about it and reviewing the thread, it's just like adding a K&N air filter and a flowmaster to your car... anything you can do to make it breathe better will make it more efficient and more powerful. :peepwall:

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Archived