dc to ac home speakers in car???

Not sure this it the right topic to post here but any ways. So to day i got to talking to an electrical engineer and were thinking of taking dc making it in ac and then running all home audio amps to very high end home audio speakers and Amps. Its completely possible because we can make the circuit are selves to be able to create the out put of so 110 amps dc to say 20 amp ac. would all this pay off to get higher end components at a high om rating. Im not sure i wrote that right but any thoughts or has it even been done?

I just would like to try something different to see if i can get better numbers than some one with a full car audio set up. I have seen some incredible home speakers that play extremely high highs and very low lows and every thing in between. Im thinking balance with a SPL in the 140 to 150.

That'd be a very interesting concept. I've seena couple videos on Youtube where people've taken their plate amp'[ed home theater sugbs and put them on ower inverters and placed them in the back of their SUV's or cars. I've also seen people do this with window AC units. I have no doubt it'd be possible, but as far as worthy, I'm not sure. It'd definitely turn some heads though. I've even wondered what would happen if you took, say, one of those 2 18 JBL sub cabinets, that you see at concert venues, and threw it in the back of a vehicle, on a good power amp.

This has my attention for the tech sake. Keep us updated on what you decide.

BASS MEKANIK RECORDS

"Audio Implosion" & "SubSonic Guillotine" available anywhere digital music is sold!

2007 Ford Focus

(NOTE: My cousin's build I helped him with)

Pioneer H/U

(4) Absolute Dome Tweeters on A & C pillars

Scosche HD683A's in front doors

Fosgate R168x2's in rear doors

SoundQubed HDS312 in custom 2.57 Ft^3 @ 30Hz

Audiopipe APCL-1800.1D

Q-Mat

Audio Technix 0 Gauge

119aH/850CCA Marine Deep Cycle batteries

YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DWRhythm

The only problem with that is it isn't really that cost effective. High end Home audio is pretty expensive and once you factor in the amount of work and parts your going to have it will probably be cheaper to go the normal route. You could get an AQ1200 and a couple Kicker subs (based on price) and be in the 140's.

That'd be a very interesting concept. I've seena couple videos on Youtube where people've taken their plate amp'[ed home theater sugbs and put them on ower inverters and placed them in the back of their SUV's or cars. I've also seen people do this with window AC units. I have no doubt it'd be possible, but as far as worthy, I'm not sure. It'd definitely turn some heads though. I've even wondered what would happen if you took, say, one of those 2 18 JBL sub cabinets, that you see at concert venues, and threw it in the back of a vehicle, on a good power amp.

This has my attention for the tech sake. Keep us updated on what you decide.

I have my own PA gear and I tried putting an active JBL 18 in the boot of my dads explorer (running it off ac from the house ahha) and it sounded like rubbish. It couldnt go low at all and just seemed to make a muddled mess more then being able to hear each kick drum beat when listening to unedited music. But with something a little less rugged and more refined i think it could sound very nice.

keep us posted

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

If I'm not mistaken, plate amps and such convert the ac current to dc then use that like a normal amp. There would be a lot of electrical losses since all of the conversions. I would say just get a high end amp and run high end comps. Just my .02 cents

1999 GMC Yukon, 6 PSI platform 5 18's, 4th order bandpass by BHE, Taramps,

Considering high end audiophiles in home audio try to eliminate as much noise from an AC power supply as possible I don't see converting back and forth to be any better than a nice 12v DC amplifier.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?