I think I have a problem with my DD-1

I received my DD-1 for christmas and set the gains on all 3 of my amps that day with no problem. I bought a new sub amp today and plugged it up with the settings like it was from the previous owner. It sounded awesome but I wanted to tune it with the DD-1 to make sure I was distortion free. I turned the freq all the way up, left the bass boost where it was with the previous owner which was half way, hooked up the DD-1, turned the volume up the my max volume and started turning up the gain. When the distortion light came on I bumped the gain down to turn off the light and noticed that the gain level was lower than what it was set before I started tuning it. In my mind I was thinking about tuning it with track 7 and for some odd reason I turned up the gain with the DD-1 still hooked up the distortion light kicked back on then made a popping sound from where the ground and positive lead connected. I hurried up and turned the gain down all the way. I turned my radio to track 7 to tune it. I started turning up my gain and when the distortion light kicked on I bumped the gain back down to turn the light off. The gain was even lower than what it was when I did it the first time on track 3. Did I mess up the DD-1 by that popping sound?

i dont know about the popping sound. but i do know that if thats where that amp distorts at then thats where it distorts at. It may sound not as loud but its gonna be cleaner and safer.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

why are you changing tracks? you should leave it at what track you set the gain too. different track will give you a different distortion on gain setting

also it tells you to turn everything down not all the way up... im pretty sure.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

The tracks are recorded at different db so the gain will be in a different spot depending on what one you choose. As for the pop just sounds like a ground moved and sparked.

Suburban Build Log

"So much money and time spent making copper winding move up and down a magnetic pole"

DC Audio Eclipse

also it tells you to turn everything down not all the way up... im pretty sure.

Frequency all the way up on the xover. turn your h/u to the max unclipped volume and your bass boost to where you think it will be used. so assuming he meant his max unclipped volume on the h/u and not the max volume, he did it right.

And why do you have the bass boost halfway up? That will clip the signal even sooner.

Because in the manual it says to set it where you think it will be set. Using the bass boost doesn't automatically add clipping. There is a proper way to use bass boost, it's just rarely used properly and even more rarely needed.

Edited by MrSkippyJ

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

make sure if you have a EQ you need to set it to flat, and for bass boost you can turn it up but you wont be able to set your gains higher so just set it to where you like it then set gains from there