Sonic Electronix

I have a couple of trucks at any given time, and I don't want to cut any of them right now. I want to set up a real SPL system, because I have never done one, and there literally isn't anything over 145 db in my town.

How loud can I get with a bandpass through the slider window? I can use all of the port area the sliding glass window will allow, and stick an accordion boot on it with some sort of goo that wont harden so I can clean it out. I'll use 1 big alt and 2 big batteries, no more. I'm looking for a 155 maybe. Unless you think I can get more.

I'm looking for input on number and diameter of subs for that kind of area - 4 15's? I'm a DD dealer, so I'd probably go with 9515's and a pair of M4's.

I'll start messing with designs at some point and run it by you pros on here to see how to improve it before I go. I'd just like some help up front.

thanks in advance.

Tuani Fabrication

Wasilla, AK

That's the spirit!

I just read Ray's thread - hit 153 with 2 12's. If I can't hit 155 with 4-15's I'm retarded.

Tuani Fabrication

Wasilla, AK

Dont compare my burban freak to a truck

But i think its fine

Id go 4th order with 95's

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Dont compare my burban freak to a truck

But i think its fine

Id go 4th order with 95's

I know your SUV is insane..... not likely to get there, just dreaming.

Why 4th over 6th? Just ease of design, or do the 95's do well in a 4th? I've always rolled with the notion that a stiffer suspension is better suited to 6th order, and figured they don't get much stiffer than a 95. I honestly have built twice as many 6th orders as I have 4ths, mostly experimenting to see what responses I could get. I have never done a common tuning on a 6th. I'd like to try that at some point.

I'll build a small bandpass and plug in in the same space and check with the RTA to see what to shoot for.

Tuani Fabrication

Wasilla, AK

I dont know how well a 4th would perform with 95s. Ray knows more about this than I do though. Id think you'd need more juice for two m4s though. unless those are really BIG batts.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Hmmmmm op you built a lot of 6th orders but never a spl system..... like n8 said...if your restricting your voltage an amperage then your restricting your dbs...I've ran 9515s an m4s.the m4 is a awesome amp but can draw in upwards of 500amps.... id go at least 4 batterys and more.. glwb

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Hmmmmm op you built a lot of 6th orders but never a spl system.....

That's why I'm asking. I want to know the method, theory, etc - not just a quick answer.

Id think you'd need more juice for two m4s though. unless those are really BIG batts.

I'm planning a pair of Odyssey 2250's because they'll fit under the hood. I could throw 1500's (stock mounts) under the hood and another big pair in the back, I suppose.

Edited by bobwires

Tuani Fabrication

Wasilla, AK

Could always just remove the whole rear window and have all the room for port that you'd need. If done carefully you will not damage the vehicle in any way other than simply needing a new seal for the rear window when it is replaced. Something similar to what Hank did with his 48 10s build. Unless that is what you intended on doing in the first place and I just didn't understand the way you wrote it.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want