Sonic Electronix

Just thought i would bring this up for everyone to think about... Been trying to get every site i'm a part of to participate in this, cuz it really does affect everyone of us. If you guys don't know what SOPA is, do a little research on it... but pretty much, what it will end up doing is completely destroy the free exchange of information that the internet was built on.

The protest on 1/18 is a HUGE number of websites that will be shutting down for the day, for 2 reasons. 1. to protest this law, and 2. to get the message out there about what our government is really doing. what you guys think?

current build:

99 bagged montero sport

subs: 4 AQ HDC3 18's, walled in a clamshell box

amps: subs- 2 modded AQ 2200's, running 2550 at 1 ohm each

components: (rf p1 8:(midbass), 2 cadence cwm 6.5, memphis pr 6.5 coax)- each door

HU: android galaxy tablet, Kenwood KVT-516

2/0 gauge ran all around

6 optima red tops (will be updated, i get them DIRT cheap)

keeping my fingers crossed for membership into the 160 db club!

MY BUILD LOG

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL (SUBSCRIBE!)

wasnt sure if it should go there or here... since it does have to do with political, but more with this site

current build:

99 bagged montero sport

components: (rf p1 8:(midbass), 2 cadence cwm 6.5, memphis pr 6.5 coax)- each door

2/0 gauge ran all around

MY BUILD LOG

This is just stupid. Keep the free information alive by shutting down? It's like the people who thought they could affect the oil industry tycoons by not buying gas on a day. Stopping for a single day does not show the government anything and really only hurts people since the internet has become so integrated into every day life.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

This is just stupid. Keep the free information alive by shutting down? It's like the people who thought they could affect the oil industry tycoons by not buying gas on a day. Stopping for a single day does not show the government anything and really only hurts people since the internet has become so integrated into every day life.

the purpose behind it is not to hurt people, rather to inform people, and since the majority of americans only really start to think about the big picture when things are either taken away from them, or just get extremely bad... thats the purpose behind it.... to show people what it will turn into, if this law is passed.

current build:

99 bagged montero sport

2/0 gauge ran all around

MY BUILD LOG

It won't happen, in fact, it will have thue exact same results as those who picked a day and got people to not buy gas. Nothing. I understand what you're saying and how you feel, but this is a useless tactic. Time to get to the drawing board.

thats the attitude that makes these type of protests not work... too many people out there say "oh, that will never work, so what do i care", but they dont realize that if they actually did take part, and did do something about it, things really could be changed, you know

current build:

99 bagged montero sport

2/0 gauge ran all around

MY BUILD LOG

No, that's where you are wrong. It won't work, that is the truth of it. Please tell me what you honestly think getting some sites to close down for a day will do? HONESTLY think...not your goal...

You use the same logic as the not buy fuel on a single day people. But what did that do? Just increase sales either the day before or the day after. After a day of playing outside people come back to the internet with no change in perception, habit, or belief. That is where you guys need to attack, not the function but the thought. Change the way people perceive it and you will start to get somewhere.

No, that's where you are wrong. It won't work, that is the truth of it. Please tell me what you honestly think getting some sites to close down for a day will do? HONESTLY think...not your goal...

You use the same logic as the not buy fuel on a single day people. But what did that do? Just increase sales either the day before or the day after. After a day of playing outside people come back to the internet with no change in perception, habit, or belief. That is where you guys need to attack, not the function but the thought. Change the way people perceive it and you will start to get somewhere.

bro... think about it, if facebook shut down for a day, and put on their page "this is what will happen indefinately if SOPA passes" ... you can't tell me you wouldnt have millions of people up in arms. that's the point... but it needs to be on a grander scale than even that... i garuntee you that not even 1 out of 10 americans has even heard of SOPA... so how do you get awareness out there? you have to do something drastic... you can disagree... that's your right... but do you have any better ideas on how to actually begin to make a change?

current build:

99 bagged montero sport

2/0 gauge ran all around

MY BUILD LOG

they could care less. this protest is a joke imo.

Edited by ChevyBoy95

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/