Second Skin Audio

Need Help w/ Quick Enclosure Design - SA-8

IBleedMusick

I need to design a quick enclosure for an SA-8. This is a test box to test the sound of the woofer so it needs to reproduce the best sound possible whether that is sealed or ported I don't care. I threw it into a sealed enclosure we had sitting at the shop and it sounded like shit but I think the box may have been too small. I don't have the measurements in front of me right now but I need a design and cut sheet (maybe even a sketch up if possible) that will produce the best sound out of a single D4 SA-8 receiving 500w rms at 2 ohms. This will be tested in the hatch of a Hyundai Accent, trunk of my Civic and in the back of the Tahoe. Bouncing the box around to show how the SA-8 sounds in different vehicles.

I know there were two approved vendors on here for box designing but I am not sure who it was or their pricing. Anyone who wants to shoot a free design my way is always great but if the approved designers are around PM pricing.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

you might want to talk to jacob, the box he put a 10in passive radiator in with the sa 8 and it looked promising.

edit: plus you can get ported out put in the size of a sealed box.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

sa's like small boxes anyways. bigsix has his 2 sa 12's in a sealed enclosure right now. he absolutely hates it, no low end at all according to him.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

sa's like small boxes anyways. bigsix has his 2 sa 12's in a sealed enclosure right now. he absolutely hates it, no low end at all according to him.

Thats how I feel right now the damn thing just isn't beating like I want it to but I am thinking this box is not right for it. Someone told me it came out of a customers car and I noticed that it had a piece of wood covering a would be port so I know for a fact its the box thats making this sound bad. Not to worry with this 8 though it has no warranty of any kind and is more to show off around the shop.

Chevy, I take it you're talking about Jacob from Sundown?

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

According to Sundown this driver is not recommended for use in sealed enclosures, here is a ported design within their recommended parameters:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 34 Hz

Vb = 1 ft^3

Subwoofer Mounting = Front Mounted

External Height = 10 in

External Width = 28,05 in

External Depth = 12 in

Port Width = 1 1/2 in

Cut List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts: