Second Skin Audio

Blowthru 8 10's.. need advice.

So I have a 01 F150 supercrew with 4 10's in it. JL w0v2's. I'm running them at 1 ohm off a rockford p1000-1bd. Sounds awesome the way it is...but as im sure you know you get used to your system after a while and you wanna get louder. Well i happened to come across an oldschool audiobahn a2300hct (here are the specs http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_61_Audiobahn-A2300HCT.html ) that my friend sold me for $150 and it still works great..powering 2 12's in my room. If you look at the specs of that audiobahn amp it says it can power 1200w x 2 channels @ 1ohm. A JL w0v2/v3 has its max power rating at 300. 1200/300=4 per channelx2= 8 subs total lol. I've never built a box before and i dont know what type would be best for a w0..the 4 i have are in sealed supercrewsound.com boxes i have 2 under and 2 behind. I like low bass and they don't really provide that but they are low end JLs so im not expecting them too in a prefab sealed box with .6ft^3. Would a ported box sound better? Or a 4th order bandpass? I have no idea. Here's the specs to a w0 http://www.jlaudio.com/10w0v2-4-car-audio-w0v2-subwoofers-92161 And if theres anyone out there who has a lot of free time and the desire to, to draw up some box specs for me?

I already have 4 subs and i would really like to just add on to what i have instead of changing speakers/amps all together. What do all you audio pros think? Good idea or should i just scrap this thought and run 2 15's off my audiobahn amp and hook my 10's up in my house lol.

If you really like the lows, 4th orders are supposed to be monsters on the low notes.

shoot me a PM with your max dimensions and i'd be glad to design you something. i actually did a 4th order the other day.

here's the pic.

399527_210342642391380_101923673233278_425585_783247080_n.jpg

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

If you really like the lows, 4th orders are supposed to be monsters on the low notes.

shoot me a PM with your max dimensions and i'd be glad to design you something. i actually did a 4th order the other day.

here's the pic.

399527_210342642391380_101923673233278_425585_783247080_n.jpg

sweet i'll take some measurements of my bed tomorrow. Are bandpass boxes more for SQ or SPL because im more of a SQ guy.

well they can be tuned for either. the bigger the volume difference between the sealed and ported chambers, they become peaky and more efficient around a certain frequency range at the cost of being less musical. but if you broaden the passband and make the ratio of sealed to ported closer (i.e. 1:1) they are more musical, at the cost of being less efficient.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I just finished one today for 2 kicker cvr 15s and they sound way better and are considerably louder than they where Ina tradition slot ported box tuned to 33 hz..

New box is tuned at 49hz 2:1 3 cubes sealed 6 cubes ported after displacement with 20in^2 of port per cube..

Has a very wide freq range and isnt very peaky, so all the music we played thru it, normal rap rock and even c&s sounde phenomenal

Edited by 99fullsizechevy

Laying frame soon.. System has to wait

Ported give much better low end bass than sealed, are easy to build and can sound clean, bandpass is not clean bass, are good for efficiency only.

:No:

time to learn a thing or two, bud.

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

theres no way in hell that amp will not put out 2400 rms. theres no way only 160 amps worth of fusing. so that means it will more then likely only put out 1600 rms give or take a few hundred watts. if you were to do 8 subs they would be way underpowered plus i bet your rise would be a bitch.

if i were you id just go with the 15s

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit