common knowledge to do shit the dangerous way ok im done i just dont like the arcing effect you get when hooking up a ground to something with power and if it slips it arcs some more and again if all grounds are hooked up the second a hot touches and something is wrong you will know it! AND its so much easyer to ground out when power is hooked up frist over it being really hard to mistaknly hit power on a power treminal causeing a short

if it works for you go for it!

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

if you hook up ground frist then go to add power and it sparkes you take the power off no more sparks.. if you have power on frist and something grounds out guess what its a lot harder to stop.. if hooking up power frist if something grounds out when you already have a few powers hooked up how do you disconect fast?

You connect the positive first because it changes nothing by hooking up the ground first you have now given the battery a circuit and is now considered "hot". The reason why any battery would spark while connecting the ground is because somewhere in the circuit something is drawing power, whether it be the dome light because the doors open or the simple constants to clocks and radios. All of those things would cause the battery to spark a little at connection.

I've always hooked my positive up before my ground.

i bet you 2 dont charge the caps in your amps before hooking them up ether guess im just use to 20,000 watt plus systems

I do! Learned it about year ago or so.

ok, well its all hooked up and playing. it was either too much at once, i took off the accessory positive from the front batt, did some dmm and quick touching to make sure no sparks, all ended up well. Thanks everyone for the help. steady 14.6v right now.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

common knowledge to do shit the dangerous way ok im done i just dont like the arcing effect you get when hooking up a ground to something with power and if it slips it arcs some more and again if all grounds are hooked up the second a hot touches and something is wrong you will know it! AND its so much easyer to ground out when power is hooked up frist over it being really hard to mistaknly hit power on a power treminal causeing a short

if it works for you go for it!

You have it backwards the negative side isn't the side you need to be worried about arcing against things. It's the positive side that's dangerous. Say you need to do some quick shitty arc welding you wouldn't do it with the negative side you'd do it with the positive side. Connecting the positive lead first is just plain old fashion good maintenance practice.

you win some, you lose some