reno12469 Posted January 18, 2012 Report Posted January 18, 2012 I have 2 kicker cvr 12 inch subs. I'm building a ported box for them. It is going in the trunk of a car and i was wondering which way would be the best for them to face. Also what is the best tuning for these. I've built some boxes before and I'm trying to get this one just right. I have a 8 inch cvr that is on all the time in a sealed box behind the passenger seat just for everyday listening. The 2 12s will be on a switch to turn them on and off when i want them. How big should the port be and how big should the box be? Thanks for the help.
99fullsizechevy Posted January 18, 2012 Report Posted January 18, 2012 Torres box calc works wonders.. Laying frame soon.. System has to wait
MIKE-2U Posted January 18, 2012 Report Posted January 18, 2012 i can try i just got the torres box calc. today. max specs of box and targeted tuning Frequency 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable (2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <------- Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd
Joe X Posted January 18, 2012 Report Posted January 18, 2012 You can either use the Torres calculator or post you maximum dimensions for a box and I will provide a design suggestion.
reno12469 Posted January 18, 2012 Author Report Posted January 18, 2012 Okay, I'll put the dimensions on in the morning.
reno12469 Posted January 18, 2012 Author Report Posted January 18, 2012 Target tuning frequency I'm looking at around 37. Which way would be best to point the subs though?
Emoxihax Posted January 18, 2012 Report Posted January 18, 2012 generally in trunk cars you want the subs/port facing the trunk relatively close with the port on the drivers side 2004 Volkswagen GLI 1 10" Skar VVX ^^^ Looking for an amp to run it, Pm me if you have one ^^^
Joe X Posted January 18, 2012 Report Posted January 18, 2012 Ports and sub on the same surface either front firing or rear firing, you will need to test both to see which you like best.
reno12469 Posted January 18, 2012 Author Report Posted January 18, 2012 Alright the max dimensions are 36 W, 24 D, 14 H. This is the amp that is powering the two subs. Amp
Sergeant_Skyrim Posted January 18, 2012 Report Posted January 18, 2012 Alright the max dimensions are 36 W, 24 D, 14 H. This is the amp that is powering the two subs. Amp Are those the max dimensions in terms of you being able to "build into the trunk" in a sense, or the max dimensions of being able to build the box and then slide it in through either the trunk opening or inside of the car? I was almost SOL when I built my 2 12" box and tried sliding it in so just want to make sure you'll be able to do this EDIT: My box specs were 14.5H x 34.5W x 24D I believe and it was a bitch shoving it in through the rear Build in progress
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.