I'm starting preliminary research on them- I would really like my next vehicle to be a RWD or AWD sedan. My candidates are really the G8, WRX (non-STI), and maybe that new Subaru BRZ if I go with a coupe.

BUT this thread is about the G8. If you've got one, what do you think about it? I am also over on the G8Board, but I'd also like to hear what my SMD buds have to say. :werd_msword:

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Weekend bump.

Also looking into the Dodge Magnum. (not Charger or 300, just Magnum)

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

IMO, they suck. Had a Pontiac G6, 2007...blew both sides rims on a pot hole going 25mph, the fourth day I had the car. Ball joints and wheel bearings went out next, as well as the I-shaft. Had a supercharger installed on the car...and the dang thing lost traction. Maybe I got a bad car...came off the production line on a Friday.

I've seen a few souped up G8s...they look nice...you just gotta be careful with them.

Ended up in a car accident with my g6...won the case, got full insurance value out of it and bought an Impala LT 3.9L series, installed a supercharger, lol. That thing kicks off a crap load of HP. Love the Impala.

I see you're listing a lot of sporty cars...if you are on a budget per say. Get a Monte Carlo 2002 SS Pace car. Has a turbocharger, thing will get up and roll.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

IMO, they suck. Had a Pontiac G6, 2007...blew both sides rims on a pot hole going 25mph, the fourth day I had the car. Ball joints and wheel bearings went out next, as well as the I-shaft. Had a supercharger

installed on the car...and the dang thing lost traction. Maybe I got a bad car...came off the production line on a Friday.

I've seen a few souped up G8s...they look nice...you just gotta be careful with them.

Ended up in a car accident with my g6...won the case, got full insurance value out of it and

bought an Impala LT 3.9L series, installed a supercharger, lol. That thing kicks off a crap load of HP. Love the Impala.

I see you're listing a lot of sporty cars...if you

are on a budget per say. Get a Monte Carlo 2002 SS Pace car. Has a turbocharger, thing will get up and roll.

He said G8 not g6.

They're badass, I want one

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

IMO, they suck. Had a Pontiac G6, 2007...blew both sides rims on a pot hole going 25mph, the fourth day I had the car. Ball joints and wheel bearings went out next, as well as the I-shaft. Had a supercharger installed on the car...and the dang thing lost traction. Maybe I got a bad car...came off the production line on a Friday.

Ended up in a car accident with my g6...won the case, got full insurance value out of it and bought an Impala LT 3.9L series, installed a supercharger, lol. That thing kicks off a crap load of HP. Love the Impala.

I see you're listing a lot of sporty cars...if you are on a budget per say. Get a Monte Carlo 2002 SS Pace car. Has a turbocharger, thing will get up and roll.

lol he said g8 not even close to a g6. montes never came with a turbo either, stop speaking out of your ass.

edit: no supercharges r made for the 3.9 either. u fail

Edited by Zachsb3
DSC_0127-2-1.jpg

lol he said g8 not even close to a g6. montes never came with a turbo either, stop speaking out of your ass.

edit: no supercharges r made for the 3.9 either. u fail

Got a 5.2L Supercharger hooked up to my 3.9L, so don't be trying to call me out on something I did. K, thanks =)

Hit: 2001 and 2002 SS Pace cars Chevy Monte Carlos come with Turbo charged engines. Here's a youtube video of it EXPLAINING it. Do research before you start throwing crap around.

Edited by carshateme

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

I was lacking the extra 15k to buy a G8 when I bought my GP GXP but I have drove my uncles G8 GXP and I tell you this...if you have the money for the GT or GXP buy them! Amazing quality car...not only that but it has oodles of power. After my bolt on mods and tuning I run 298hp at the front wheels...the G8 GT and GXP spank that stock at the rear...I really wish I had more money to buy one...

06 GP GXP

Google Nexus 7 16gb

Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.3

*Electrical*

DC Power 320a HP

2 - Juicebox Bananas g31

Stinger SPP2250 rear

Kinetik HC1800 side of wall

Optima Red Top front

Monster Cable 1/0, 2 runs to rear

Monster Cable 1/0 Big 3

2-Rockford Fosgate T1652S's

Rockford Fosgate T400-4

Rockford Fosgate T40001bd (4693rms @1ohm)

4-Sundown SA-15 D2's wired @ 1ohm/These are on the way out for 4 one off Eminent Audio 15's

15.2 cubes net tuned @34hz! Walled off

DBdrag official 151.6db @46hz

GXP Build log!:GP GXP Walled

Quality is the sign of a true enthusiast!

Refs: Link to leave more: http://www.stevemead...91#entry1603091

Bought from: Trippi (RF T2500bd, T1000-4),bre2ts (25ft Knu 1/0)

Sold to: shmew22 (T1500bdCP), Rev. Wrath (RF 3SIXTY.1), trjohnst (Knu 1/0, 3 fuse holders), Enemyofsilence (Audio Technix, RF T400-4).

Really... NO Monte ever came supercharged, you sure about that Zachsb3? Oh wait, here's what came up in 30 seconds of searching.

Jesus man, keep your mouth shut if you don't know, all that shitty-smelling ignorance is falling out.

Chevrolet is introducing two unique 2004 {{{Monte Carlo}}} models to honor one of the most legendary father-and-son race driver combinations of all time - the Earnhardt's.

With a scheduled production run of 4000 units, the new Monte Carlo Intimidator SS is a tribute to the late Dale Earnhardt, one of the most respected and admired drivers and team owners in NASCAR history. The second model, a Dale Earnhardt Jr. Signature Series Supercharged SS, is a salute to one most popular and competitive drivers on the circuit today. A total of 2883 units are scheduled for production.

112_news040427_earnhardt1z.jpgicon_clickforgallery.gif Click to view GalleryChevrolet's new Dale Earnhardt...
read full caption

Both models are based on the Monte Carlo Supercharged SS coupe. As the name implies, motivation comes from GM's 3800 Series II supercharged V-6, delivering 240 horsepower at 5200 rpm and an impressive 280 lb.ft. of torque at 3600 rpm. The torque curve remains consistently high over a broad operating range, promising instant off-the-line acceleration and ample power for highway merging and passing.

As expected, the Intimidator SS comes in Dale's favorite color - monochromatic Black. Included in the package are 17-inch chrome wheels and the legendary "Intimidator" logo on the decklid, rear quarter panels, door sills and instrument panel. The Dale Earnhardt

Legacy logo is included on the instrument panel and on the head restraints of the sport-contoured front bucket seats with leather seating surfaces. Dale's trademark signature is included in the gauge cluster.

The Dale Earnhardt Jr. Signature Series is also outfitted with numerous unique features. Its Victory Red exterior has full-length racecar-inspired body graphics and logos of his well-known No. 8 on the body sides, front license plate cover, door sill plates and instrument panel. Exclusive to this model are 17-inch black-accented machined aluminum wheels. "Dale Jr." signature graphics are incorporated on the rear decklid, gauge cluster, floor mats and the front-seat head restraints of the leather-covered sport bucket seats. Completing the package is a high-performance 280-watt, eight-speaker audio system.

While delivery of these limited edition models are just beginning through select

Chevrolet dealerships in the U.S. and Canada, their introduction was showcased at two special events at Dale Earnhardt Incorporated's (DEI's) headquarters in Mooresville, North Carolina. Jim Campbell, Chevrolet's director of car marketing, presented the keys to one of each model to Teresa Earnhardt during festivities at DEI's "Monte Carlo Day" on April 24. The special editions will also be on prominent display during "Dale Earnhardt Day" at DEI on April 29.

"The Earnhardt family name has long been associated with Chevrolet," said Campbell. "Our decision to produce these unique models was to acknowledge the contributions both of these outstanding individuals have made to the sport. We're sure their fans will be excited to have the opportunity to own a vehicle that so closely resembles the Monte Carlos campaigned by these champions on the track."

Chevrolet will make a donation from the sale of the Monte Carlo Intimidator SS and the Dale Earnhardt Jr. Signature Series to the Dale Earnhardt Foundation, a charity specifically chosen by the Earnhardt family. The Foundation is committed to carrying on Dale's legacy and the charitable causes he supported during his lifetime.

The Intimidator SS and Dale Earnhardt Jr. Signature Series are the latest in a series of limited-edition Chevrolets honoring NASCAR stars and are considered by some fans as the ultimate in NASCAR-themed collectibles.

Prior models were the 2002 Dale Earnhardt Signature Edition (3,333 units) and the 2003 Jeff Gordon Signature Edition (2,424 units). Chevrolet donated a total of $909,000 to charitable organizations based on the sales of those vehicles.

Whether on the racetrack or on the road, the Chevrolet Monte Carlo has always stood for performance. Long known as the winningest nameplate in the history of NASCAR Winston Cup, the race-inspired looks and performance of the production model has earned it a spot as one of Chevrolet's most venerable brands.

Chevrolet's entire

2004 Monte Carlo lineup offers a solid body structure, room for five passengers, plenty of cargo space, a surprising number of amenities for the price, and a track record of outstanding quality, reliability and durability. Highlighting its comprehensive safety package, Monte Carlo consistently earns five stars (the highest U.S. government safety rating) in frontal crash testing for driver and front passenger.

Edited by Lbox88