Sundown Audio

Dead Kicker Amp?

Chamois

My Kicker ZX1000.1 just randomly stopped working for some reason.

Checked both in-line fuses, and unplugged the subs to see if it was possibly an Ohm load issue.

Doesnt even get any power/protect indicators or any lights for that matter.

Possibly fried the amp somehow?

Anyone got any ideas what else to try?

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

Check the fuse at the battery?

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

check for 12v at the amp's + power terminal and 12v at the remote. if you dont get 12v at the + power terminal, back trace along the power line to the fuse block, check before and after the fuse block to make sure voltage is the same. the fuse may be blown in a spot that you cant see from the little window thats on it and if the voltage differs from before the block and after, then the fuse is bad and/or theres a loose connection on the fuse block.

is your ground good? sounds stupid but sometimes it can wiggle itself loose.

make sure EVERY SINGLE connection is tight.

check for 12v at the amp's + power terminal and 12v at the remote. if you dont get 12v at the + power terminal, back trace along the power line to the fuse block, check before and after the fuse block to make sure voltage is the same. the fuse may be blown in a spot that you cant see from the little window thats on it and if the voltage differs from before the block and after, then the fuse is bad and/or theres a loose connection on the fuse block.

is your ground good? sounds stupid but sometimes it can wiggle itself loose.

make sure EVERY SINGLE connection is tight.

jumper your power to your remote to see if the problem is your remote if not check your power wire

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

Checked all wires after i realized it wasn't working.

Put a new fuse in both of the In-line fuse holders.

I even used a jumper wire from the 12v to remote in to make sure the remote wire wasn't snagged or penetrated.

Then I hooked it up to a battery in my garage with a battery charger to test it.

Im hoping its not something internal you know? :/

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

I even used a jumper wire from the 12v to remote in to make sure the remote wire wasn't snagged or penetrated.

Then I hooked it up to a battery in my garage with a battery charger to test it.

check fuses on the amp itself

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

hmm. if you tested it straight to a battery and it didnt work, it must be something internal. what about the fuses on the amp itself? i know the 2500 doesnt have onboard fuses but i think the 1000 does

edit: lol dammit ninja'd

check fuses on the amp itself

hmm. if you tested it straight to a battery and it didnt work, it must be something internal. what about the fuses on the amp itself? i know the 2500 doesnt have onboard fuses but i think the 1000 does

edit: lol dammit ninja'd

Yeah the 1000 doesnt have onboard fuses either .. Unless their internal behind the heatsync panel? or whatever the cover is called.

But yeah im assuming its dead.

If its something internal, is there anything i can do with it now? I know its not under warranty, is it worth selling to someone as parts? or just letting it collect dust on my shelf lol

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

Archived