Second Skin Audio

double baffle help

KenC210

Ok, check the port up sub up options and add a layer to the baffle, arguably you are a bit short on net volume but since you are running a lot of power for those subs then it's ok.

1200W per sub is quite a bit for the 2.5s, I recommend to setting the subsonic filter to 30Hz just to be safe.

What I see is that you baffle could be a bit stronger. I would add a layer to the baffle and the bracing should be strong at the center of the baffle.

The spec as shown in the Torres looks good.

And again you are pushing a lot of power to those subs with the AQ2200d.

I would do the extra baffle and complement with bracing

On the power issue it would be interesting if someone shared their persnal experience on overdriving those subs, Also the enclosure design and the use of a subsonic filter has to do with tolerance.

IMO you don't need to double baffle on this, especially since after bracing between the subs they're almost continually supported around the cutouts. I'd kill the braces on the sides of the subs, those aren't doing anything that close to a corner.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

IMO you don't need to double baffle on this, especially since after bracing between the subs they're almost continually supported around the cutouts. I'd kill the braces on the sides of the subs, those aren't doing anything that close to a corner.

Ok get rid of the outer bracing should i add a second dowel brace in between the subs or will the port give it enough bracing? so on the port not sure on my calculations but do i have it go down 15.75" and bend 2.75" or is the bend 2"

the bend would be 2.75 inches from the bottom of the box.

it would be easier to tell if you did the port right if you labeled dimensions on your sketchup model

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Archived