FI Q problem!!!!!

IzzyRamos

Was your system scoped so you know for a fact you weren't clipping it? Or is gain a quarter the way up the most accurate measurement you have. Burnt coils don't just happen. Sorry to see and hear about what happened, it sucks for sure. Contact Fi instead of trying to guess or assume first that they did something wrong. It's very possible they DID make a mistake, but without you knowing their process for assembling woofers, it's difficult to guess what properly assembled looks like.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

How would clipping cause the pole plug come loose? Come on guys, the speaker didn't blow the pole plug came loose just as I've seen hcca's do the same thing. Email nick at fi and see if they would cover it. It's a manufacturing defect I would suppose. Or the glue went bad.

1999 GMC Yukon, 6 PSI platform 5 18's, 4th order bandpass by BHE, Taramps,

ok smart ass ..put a metal slug in your vc and play it for a week n see what happens

ok dumbass if you had any reading comprehension you'd know that you destroyed it bottoming it out and that you screwed up the compression that held it in place.

Past Q options: The 2009 and earlier Q series woofers allowed for a “BP” option which was a machined aluminum compression plug to the pole which helps channel all of the air under the dustcap around the coil for better cooling. To aid with this increased airflow we also added 6 axial cooling channels in the top plate. Along with increased thermal capacity comes the addition of an extra spider and a changed spider pack. All of these features increase power handling from 200-500 Watts depending on the application. We no longer offer this option with the 2010 Q series woofers. This is simply for reference for people who want to know what past options were offered. 

enjoy buying that recone!

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

How would clipping cause the pole plug come loose? Come on guys, the speaker didn't blow the pole plug came loose just as I've seen hcca's do the same thing. Email nick at fi and see if they would cover it. It's a manufacturing defect I would suppose. Or the glue went bad.

manufacturing defect? it worked for 3 years there is only a 1 year warrinty

and clipping can cause a lot of heat expanding the metal letting the compressed slug come out

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

ive texted Nick. Hopefully he jumps on here.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Was your system scoped so you know for a fact you weren't clipping it? Or is gain a quarter the way up the most accurate measurement you have. Burnt coils don't just happen. Sorry to see and hear about what happened, it sucks for sure. Contact Fi instead of trying to guess or assume first that they did something wrong. It's very possible they DID make a mistake, but without you knowing their process for assembling woofers, it's difficult to guess what properly assembled looks like.

it wasnt scoped but i did start beating the crap outta it when i felt the difference in bass ..im not worried about it at all i got 3 more 18"Qs laying around..its just the point that i never seen that before..i know it takes alot more then clipping and beating the crap outta it for something like that to happen..thats like saying a magnet and basket came apart from to much power..there is no glue on either side and it being an option some must of forgot something ..its shitty what happen but funny i wanted to see if it happen to any1 else

ok smart ass ..put a metal slug in your vc and play it for a week n see what happens

ok dumbass if you had any reading comprehension you'd know that you destroyed it bottoming it out and that you screwed up the compression that held it in place.

Past Q options: The 2009 and earlier Q series woofers allowed for a “BP” option which was a machined aluminum compression plug to the pole which helps channel all of the air under the dustcap around the coil for better cooling. To aid with this increased airflow we also added 6 axial cooling channels in the top plate. Along with increased thermal capacity comes the addition of an extra spider and a changed spider pack. All of these features increase power handling from 200-500 Watts depending on the application. We no longer offer this option with the 2010 Q series woofers. This is simply for reference for people who want to know what past options were offered. 

enjoy buying that recone!

im not worried about a recone..and my bad for calling u a dumbass i was just still mad about the giant slug coming out my sub..but still that shit shouldnt have came out no matter what over powering clipping bottoming out ect..so it popped out and couldnt handle the extra power n fried but it was still good and still playing just sounded like shit after that plug popped

Archived