FI Q problem!!!!!

IzzyRamos

lets just say i did clipp it and over heat it the sub still kicked ass and sounded good for 3 years everyday on the same amp same box same car..if i did something wrong it wouldnt of have lasted 3 years. and it still worked even though the plug was dancing aroung inside and smashed shit up its a heavy ass plug also thats why the coil rubbed so bad on 1 side..im gonna recone it but do i try n glue this back slug in?..

Nick hit me back. he said there is glue but if you heated up the coils enough to burn the coils you could have gassed the glue. It would explain why it doesnt look like there was anything there.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

lol and if you where doing something wrong yes it could of lasted 3 years cooking a lil glue away everytime

fi/aa is some subs that can take more abuse than anysub i have known but it can only take that abuse so long in your case 3 years befor it gave up up a good fight

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

lol and if you where doing something wrong yes it could of lasted 3 years cooking a lil glue away everytime

fi/aa is some subs that can take more abuse than anysub i have known but it can only take that abuse so long in your case 3 years befor it gave up up a good fight

a very good fight sucks the cap came off it would kept going

that sub was bottoming out and the amp was clipping, surprised the sub actually lasted that long. you might want to check your subsonic filter and set to box tuning

regardless, that coil is almost black. that is from heat. Even playing 1 bad clipped song at full tilt can cause issues that cause immense heat. either way, most likely your fault. going strong for 3yrs straight aint bad either if you ask me.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

regardless, that coil is almost black. that is from heat. Even playing 1 bad clipped song at full tilt can cause issues that cause immense heat. either way, most likely your fault. going strong for 3yrs straight aint bad either if you ask me.

yea it mite of been NO HANDS long low notes lol

Archived