Alternator whine and Clipping

i'm still curious is you stay above 14v with stock electrical.

Volume knob. As soon as I see my batter gauge move I turn it down. I know it's not really healthy for the batteries or amps but I'm not cranking it and letting it dip and stay there. It sees 13 volts but no lower, unless for maybe a couple seconds at a time.

Update: My headunit has decided to not put out good rca voltage on bass under 30 hz. I have no clue why but hooked up exactly how it used to be it now has some problems or something. My EQ sucks ass for whatever reason, although I didnt have time time to mess with it since I was trying to figure out what the fuck my sub was doing for about 2 hours today. <_<

Conclusion -

I need a headunit (preferably apline) with Front Rear and Sub RCA outs. I will get rid if the EQ and run a regular system like everyone else on the planet. I'm tired of trying to do unique things and getting fucked in the ass by stupid and unpredictable problems. If there is anyone with a nice headunit in central Indiana, let me know, I'm looking. I'd like to spend no more than $100 bucks tops and I'll drive to meet you since I have no other methods of payment readily available.

PS. I double,triple,quadruple checked my wires and connections. They are all fine.

Update: I was pretty mad when I posted that last post. Obviously when you get mad, you overlook stupid things. I pulled the sub out and saw that a section of the surround had pulled from the basket. This was causing the "clipping" I thought it heard, the EQ/Line Driver and all that jazz had me distracted because of the alternator whine (which is still a problem BTW) that I thought they had something to do with it. Hence why I only heard the clipping at frequencies of high excursion. My guess is that having it in the garage (which my mom smokes in) was why. I had it stood up on end getting cold at night then warmed up by my mom's heater in the day for about 2-3 weeks. I figure that's why it let go.

Anyways, still dunno about this EQ. Alternator whine still but It might be my main ground or the RCA's from it. I don't have time to do anything until the weekend pretty much but I'll get back to you all.

PS. still looking for a headunit though with 3 rca outs.

pretty much any new hu will have 3 rca outs. i would (personally) look into the kenwood eXcelon series because i own one. as their $109 model has usb, 3 rca outs (4 volts), eq settings for sub, bass, mid, highs.

people on the site like pioneers, kenwoods, jvc mostly that ive seen.

when looking for a HU recently i overlooked pioneers as it is a "fairly common" issue to have alt whine/noise come from the rca outs.

these are just suggestions, each company has a low dollar version, so just compare all of their budget HUs against each other and you'll find the one for you.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

pretty much any new hu will have 3 rca outs. i would (personally) look into the kenwood eXcelon series because i own one. as their $109 model has usb, 3 rca outs (4 volts), eq settings for sub, bass, mid, highs.

people on the site like pioneers, kenwoods, jvc mostly that ive seen.

when looking for a HU recently i overlooked pioneers as it is a "fairly common" issue to have alt whine/noise come from the rca outs.

these are just suggestions, each company has a low dollar version, so just compare all of their budget HUs against each other and you'll find the one for you.

I like the look of the X895 is that the one you own? or do you have the X995? The features look great but I started reading review and didn't like a few things I saw. No memory of settings, if disconnected from batt. And bad display in sunlight were two I particularly didnt like.... The X995 is too costly however, and the lower lines just kinda suck. :( Not to get this forum off topic or anything just curious on your review of the product.

i posted a review in another thread about my deck.. its a X395 and i really needed to replace my factory HU so i did.

the sunlight on the HU is a HUGE problem, i wont lie, you cant see anything at all if the suns on it.

as far as clipping goes if you use the pre outs for your door speakers.. im not sure what volume it clips at, my guess would be 33 or 34 (out of 35).. the deck also has a pretty steep DB increase at around 28 volume.. 28-30 volume is about the same difference as going from 10-25 pretty much. not that its a bad thing

the only other thing i found bad with it is that the custom EQ for it has to be set for every input device.. so tuner,cd,aux,ipod,usb.

but other than that i havent found any issues.. they issue firmware updates for their HU's which means eventually they can fix that problem.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Alright. Cool.... well the next HU I buy will probably be the X895... Some dude has 5 vids on youtube explaining and demo'ing every feature so that's nice. I can deal with the sunlight. Once weather gets warm again I'll finish tinting my windows and shouldn't have so much of a problems with that. Now to sell the other 3 I have and do a bit of saving. Whoo craigslist. Oh yeah... and I just ordered a DD1 tonight so I'll be able to set the shit up right for once :D

Archived