DC Sound Lab

6 cu. for two 15xl's

I think I'll just single wall it then... I'm just hoping for sure that it will not break. As for the 45's, should I make them from top to bottom using the 3/4" mdf or should I use 2x4's and cut them like triangles about 2x2's every 10 inches? I would use that to brace the back and sides of the box. And maybe 1" dowels from left to right, maybe two from top to bottom and another from the rear to the baffle? I will be double baffling it. Does that sound just about right or am I going a little overboard with the bracing? When I make my port which will be 3" tall and , will I need to brace where the brace goes down also since I will have my port in the top center of the box? With all that bracing, how much would I need to punch in the under bracing displacement on the torres calculator? I do not know how to make a diagram of the box...lol... Just so you guys get a idea the dimensions will be height:32, width:42.75", depth:18". I have tried to get other measurements with doubling up but it still comes out to 6 cu. but port area would be 14.25 @34 hz. Let me know what you guys think.

The 13.25 is area per foot. My setup will be for a daily and not for spl although i would be curious on how much db's i will be hitting. There is someone here that has 4 18" lvl 5's all single walled including the baffle and he hit 155 db's.

Ok Im less worried now. The first post was misleading like you had a total of 13.25.

I think I'll just single wall it then... I'm just hoping for sure that it will not break. As for the 45's, should I make them from top to bottom using the 3/4" mdf or should I use 2x4's and cut them like triangles about 2x2's every 10 inches? I would use that to brace the back and sides of the box. And maybe 1" dowels from left to right, maybe two from top to bottom and another from the rear to the baffle? I will be double baffling it. Does that sound just about right or am I going a little overboard with the bracing? When I make my port which will be 3" tall and , will I need to brace where the brace goes down also since I will have my port in the top center of the box? With all that bracing, how much would I need to punch in the under bracing displacement on the torres calculator? I do not know how to make a diagram of the box...lol... Just so you guys get a idea the dimensions will be height:32, width:42.75", depth:18". I have tried to get other measurements with doubling up but it still comes out to 6 cu. but port area would be 14.25 @34 hz. Let me know what you guys think.

I like the 2x4 idea. ive used them before for bracing with success. harder to cut on table saw (for the triangles you will have to rip) but also stronger and holds screws better than mdf. As far as the dispacement of the bracing you just need to find the volume each piece takes up and subtract it from you total box volume to get your useable volume. length x width x height then divide that number by 1728 and the number you will be left with will be the volume it takes up which you will subtract from your total. Make sure you are measuring in inches though.

The 13.25 is area per foot. My setup will be for a daily and not for spl although i would be curious on how much db's i will be hitting. There is someone here that has 4 18" lvl 5's all single walled including the baffle and he hit 155 db's.

My 01 S10 does 50's anywhere in the truck and a 52 @ the head. With 2 15's street box and a 3.5k (under the window) 6 cubes.:peepwall:

DCSig.jpg

2011 Meca World Champ S3

Team Truth Hertz

Team DC

My 01 S10 does 50's anywhere in the truck and a 52 @ the head. With 2 15's street box and a 3.5k (under the window) 6 cubes.:peepwall:

hows your box set up?

hows your box set up?

This was the 1st box. Current box looks the same just alittle shorter to get in under the window line. Tuned at 40hz. New box is going to be subs forward with 3 6" aeros.

in.jpg

No pics but heres a vid with AB HDs in the same box......major fail. The HDs did not like the smaller box like the xls did. 4DB drop with just a swap to the HDs dry.gif

Edited by Traks

DCSig.jpg

2011 Meca World Champ S3

Team Truth Hertz

Team DC

Let me just throw this out there..

Ryan from hawaii car audio has 4 level 5 18s in a wall. Its single layer mdf all around, braced with all thread. He's never had an issue with box flex or anything breaking apart.

a 6 cuft wall?!?

i have an ext cab, granted different from your s10,but still a chevy, i can fit 14.3 cubes under the window line doubled all around with .75". after displacement of all subs, port etc i would have about 11. the only thing that needs doubled up is the baffle, just dowel, 2x4, all thread etc. for bracing which will inhibit flex of the other sides.

edit: how is the max box height only 32? should be somewhere around 48 iirc.

Edited by ChevyBoy95

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/