Sonic Electronix

lol deff. talk to him first. might piss him off if you just do it. what kind of car is it?

2000 olds alero gls (the 3.6l) coupe. just rolled over 199,000 miles rofl i dont think he'll mind.

how would i go about asking him though? he doesnt know what a wall is lol

Had one a while back. Gls is a 3.4l, ran good till a tornado picked it up and played with it.

lol thats what i meant not 3.6 was thinking of my sisters car XD i hope a damn tornado picks my alero up so i can go pick out a new car already

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

In an Alero. Hell yeah! Haha. But if you plan to wall, it's something you should bring up in this situation. You'll be investing a lot of money as well as adding A LOT of weight to the vehicle. You're losing your ability to use your rear view mirror. I'd put it off for a little while and try to show him that you really have a passion for this sport so he may not think that you're just jumping into something that is going to impair your vehicle so much. lol

Last vehicle. Nobody does anything loud in an Alero.

101_1138.jpg

is that a 15 or 18? cuz i know the opening is like 17.5" tall and it looks like u squeazed is in so im guessing 18?

E/ nvm went to yt just a 15 :P u by chance still have that box laying around? u still usin it? cuz i have $$$ willing to spend on that there box :P

Edited by HotRodHam

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

better to ask forgiveness than permission 8)

i like this :P but idk lol i enjoy bein able to cruise with more then 1 person but once i get 2 people besides me in there i rage cuz the damn seat cant be folded down -.-

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

Yeah it's a 15" DC XL. And I wish I still had it laying around. Ended up pulling a 145.0 @ 36Hz legal with that setup. Actually sold the everything to a friend and he put it in his Cavalier firing backward and moved the port to the side. He did a 144.9 @ 45Hz legal. lol

If I can find the specs I used i'll message them to you. I ended up building the box then made the outermost baffle about 6" wider than the actual enclosure itself so I could better seal it off into the cabin. I just didn't have the cash for a wall or could justify to my parents at the time of doing a wall since they helped me purchase the vehicle and I didn't have it payed off at the time and by using two full rolls of gorilla tape to seal it off I was able to keep the car damn clean when I traded it in!

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Yeah it's a 15" DC XL. And I wish I still had it laying around. Ended up pulling a 145.0 @ 36Hz legal with that setup. Actually sold the everything to a friend and he put it in his Cavalier firing backward and moved the port to the side. He did a 144.9 @ 45Hz legal. lol

If I can find the specs I used i'll message them to you. I ended up building the box then made the outermost baffle about 6" wider than the actual enclosure itself so I could better seal it off into the cabin. I just didn't have the cash for a wall or could justify to my parents at the time of doing a wall since they helped me purchase the vehicle and I didn't have it payed off at the time and by using two full rolls of gorilla tape to seal it off I was able to keep the car damn clean when I traded it in!

the dimensions for that box would be awesome i dont mind destroying it cuz its 1k miles from 200k im planning on driving it tell i can afford a new car (been looking at an 08 lancer evo) n turning the alero into a strictly competition car.

speaking of cavaliers.. my friend had 2 12" JL W7s in a boxed tuned to 47Hz running off 1 1000/1 2 runs of 0g and a yellow top in the trunk and hit a 142.7 he was gonna throw his second 1000/1 in but then he woulda had to compete in another class so he stuck to 1 amp n beat me by about 4 db i was runnin 2 10" jl w3s and 2 10" wxs running off 2 alpine mrp-m500s and scored a 138.9 subs facing up in the trunk first ever competition with a system i threw together 4 hours before the comp lol (scored that off stock electrical and 4g power/ground) o yea... i won second place... out of 2 people :peepwall:

Edited by HotRodHam

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

P.M. replied. :drinks:

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.