Sonic Electronix

New system 2 AA MAYHEM 15'S AQ 3500.1

Hey guys, i am in the mix of building a system and would appreciate some direction in a few areas. First off the system consists of (2) Ascendant Audio Mayhem 15's powered by an Audioque 3500.1 (RATED AT 4300 @14.4v), electrical will be an XS D3100 until i can afford a H/O alt! All 0/1 Gauge for power/ground etc. Will be going into an 03 Sonoma. Does anyone know of somewhere online that sells like welding cable. Not "Audio" cable but like serious electrical wiring. Its much cheaper but can't find anywhere online selling it. Also any hints/tips/hates/comments i'd like to hear! Guidance is recommended. Have done some moderately big installs but this will be my biggest yet. Thanks so much guys! God Bless!

sounds like you have a great start. i dont remember about the welding cable. i know ive seen people post the website, but i cant remember it right now

Edited by Kdub26

1992 Camry "Stormtrooper"Quantum Audio DVD/USB/AUX 3.5" single din H/UXS D690Cadence 0g wiring and Kicker 4g wiring(2) Selenium 6w4p's(2) Selenium ST200'sKicker 200.4 (mids & highs)(1)Kicker and (2)Stinger RCA'sSecondSkin in trunk and doors12K HIDsMulitcolor Angel EyesSoon to be done:Big 3Mechman H/O Altsubs?amp?

That thing is going to eat people nearby cars, unsecured objects, and small children

Fixed!

wow nice. i wanted nos on my car but the gf said no. i was just gunna do a 50 shot tho haha

Get a new girlfriend.

Pics of what your workin with..? Maybe another 3500 ^.^

2008 TBSS Black Granite

Alpine CDA-117

Clarion EQS746

AudioQue Supertweets @ dash

Alpine DDT-s30 @ b pillars

Alpine SPR-60c @ front doors

Alpine SPR-60 @ rear doors

Alpine PDX-f4

Second Skin DampPro

KNUkonceptz Wiring

DCpower 270amp alt

Optima YT underhood *temp

Two15DCxls

Hifonics bxi2610 *temp

saz4500 and 4 xp3000s coming soon.

Nice system choice. I'm running 2 mayhem 12's on an aq3500.1.

For welding cable check out weldingsupply.com, or check out seller name "coppercableman" on eBay.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Good stuff man...when i get back from this deployment i'm going for a very similar install. Im stuck between 1 18 inch mayhem or 2 15s( both would be powered by 2 AQ2200's)...let me no how it sounds man, it would definitely help with my decision.

Edited by Tech2080

CHINESE SICK LEAVE :

'I NO COME WORK TODAY!'

Hung Chow calls in to work and says, 'Hey, I no come work today, I really sick . Got headache, stomach ache and legs hurt. I no come work.'

The boss John says, 'You know something, Hung Chow, I really need you today. When I feel sick like you do, I go to my wife and

tell her to give me sex. That makes everything better and I go to work.

You try that.'

Two hours later Hung Chow calls again. 'I do what You say and I feel GREAT.

I be at work soon.........You got nice house!'

Do subs forward port up in the back against the back wall. Also brace the back wall if you can bolt the back wall the box to prevent the back wall from flexing to much. I have steel angle iron and 2x4's on mine. Also keep that amp turned down until you get a h/o alt and another. Battery

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Thanks guys! And im also a firm believer in the pics or it didnt happen phrase, funds are available although nothing has been ordered until im EXACTLY 100% positive of whats needed etc. Thanks for the info on the welding cable i'll check those sites out! I've heard its much better/cheaper! And with everything ive listed above it comes out roughly to a little over 3k! Which MAY need to be dwindled down a bit, so i'm sonsidering 1 15" Mayhem as well. Not sure which i'll end up doing! URGH.

Edited by 33Flexxin

Do subs forward port up in the back against the back wall. Also brace the back wall if you can bolt the back wall the box to prevent the back wall from flexing to much. I have steel angle iron and 2x4's on mine. Also keep that amp turned down until you get a h/o alt and another. Battery

Yeah i am weary of going full tilt with amp until i beef up the alternator! Any pics by chance of how you braced your back wall?! Never really seen it done. Also are you in Knoxville? I stay subbed in to "Flex Issues" on youtube and love his vids, i know he's also a part of the team, i'm in Cookeville,Tn not TOO FAR away. I'd love to meet up and discuss some of this stuff with you guys!