Sonic Electronix

I've been reading and searching for quality sound deadening. I live in Phx so what ever I go with will HAVE to withstand heat. I've looked and found a lot of people talking about and liking this RAAmaudio BXT II, just looking for people's experience and opinions on it.

http://www.raamaudio.com/

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander
Sony 712

Soundqubed HDS208

Alpine MRV-M500

Transmission line enclosure

Soundqubed wiring

Knu rca

XS Power battery

CNF terminals

Hit up Second skin Jon, he may be interested in getting some of this. I know he loves testing other brands and gives a straight up answer, whether it's inferior or comparable, he's an honest guy about it.

My observations:

Looks decent, only thing is the 4 mil foil, a little over 40% thinner than damp and damp pro, and 60% thinner than alpha damp. But then again, it is also cheaper. It would probably be closer to compare it to Audiotechnix, which run the same 4 mil foil on their 60 mil deadener and have a similar price point. The RAAMat is about $2.40/ft and Audiotechnix is $2.36/ft, one is cut into sheets and the other is in one big roll.

Edited by Lbox88

Not interested in getting some as I already have some. ;)

RaamMat BXT II measures up the the specs Rick has published (60 mils total thickness, 4 mil foil).

The "soft foil" is just that, not on par with our insane "hard" foil, but more like Dynamat Xtreme.

And if I remember correctly, it is also made in the USA, so that's always a plus.

Comes in sheets, not rolls (it use to though). "Natural" butyl colored instead of black.

Really can't say anything negative about it and Rick is an awesome dude!

Edited by Second Skin Rep Jon

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png