Question on the "How to- Ship a sub" thread

I'm trying to sell my subs FAST! Before the pre-order deadline on the SA-8v.2's. My only problem, I read the thread in the "For sale" category on how to properly ship a sub. I have neither the tools or the extra wood laying around to build a proper shipping container for one or both of my subs. Is there any other way I could package these up? I don't do a lot of online selling, so I was wondering the next best way to ship these out? Thanks guys!

2001 Toyota Corolla CE:

4x Crescendo PWX6.5's

2x Crescendo FT1-SE's

1x DC Audio lvl 2 M1 8 (looking for more)

Slot port box 0.7ft^3 @ 31.77hz

Rockford Fosgate R750.1

1/0 Knu wiring all around

Looking for XS Power D1200

You don't have the original packaging anymore I take it? What subs?

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

what I've found very effective is to buy 2 Styrofoam sheets

cut out the indent of the magnet on the bottom and try your best to outline the top

put a couple towels where the magnet will sit on the styrofoam then load the space between the bottom styrofoam and the top with the little shipping peanut things

then put some bubble wrap around the coils

that's what I've found to be effective at least

2004 Volkswagen GLI

1 10" Skar VVX

^^^ Looking for an amp to run it, Pm me if you have one ^^^

You don't have the original packaging anymore I take it? What subs?

Nope, left them down in my room and my mom assumed they were trash :/

The subs are two 12" Memphis MClass. They're really nice and are pretty decent subs, but I've been waiting for these v.2's to drop forever! Lol

2001 Toyota Corolla CE:

4x Crescendo PWX6.5's

2x Crescendo FT1-SE's

Rockford Fosgate R750.1

Well most companies don't use a wooden crate anyways (though I think they should, hell I've bought $80 subs before that came in a wooden box)

I'd just get the thickest box you can and dense foam and cut the foam to fit or something. That's how many are packaged anyway.

• pa-pa-platypus

• sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls

Im pretty sure its the topic i made a while ago out of some scrap materials laying around..

You dont have to do what I said. I am just one that wants the item to arrive safe and sound.

Other people have shipped items in a carboard box inside another box slightly bigger. then used those foam pool noodles to wrap around the basket.

You want to insure that your speaker will not get damaged when ever the box maybe turned on its side or upside down which can and will damage the surround or cone.

Also DO NOT USE OR RELY ON PACKING PEANUTS OR BUBBLE WRAP!

They will not do anything to protect the woofer, the bubble wrap will pop under the weight of a speaker, and the packing peanuts will just squish flat.

Edited by Audiofanaticz

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I have a few perfect sized boxes out in my garage right now and a lot of bubble wrap and foam peanuts! (I work at a furniture warehouse)

Heading over to the for sale forums now, I just wanted to be sure it was ok if I shipped the subs a different way before I posted.

EDIT: I'm searching for another soft material to use instead of relying solely on packing 'nutz and bubble wrap.

Edited by Lucky4Designs

2001 Toyota Corolla CE:

4x Crescendo PWX6.5's

2x Crescendo FT1-SE's

Rockford Fosgate R750.1

Yes, its fine. Just was an tutorial to follow if you wanted too. not a rule saying items must be shipped that way.

Also like I said, packing peanuts and bubble wrap wont protect anything.

General rule most shipping companies will tell you is to package your items to survive a fall/drop from 10 feet!!