Sundown/AudioTechnix Escape Rebuild!

It is difficult to really see the difference with my phone pic but you get the idea.

62e19f98.jpg

Will be installing all of this very soon! stay tuned

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

Why did you go with less cone area? 471sqin for the 10's vs. 353sqin for the 15's is about a 12" woofer's worth of cone area less then what you were running. If it were me I'd have stuck with the 10's and just built a new box to suit whatever needs that I had. I'm running 4 sa12's off a pair of Sundown 3500's and the setup that I had before was 2 Nightshade 15's off the 3500's. Spl wise the 12's are about a db and a half louder and are tuned lower. Also the box is smaller which is nice because of weight.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

you can tell easy with that pic that the second skin is at least 2x if not 3x as thick for the alum than the roll. that stuff is expensive tho i hear, i'll have to find something cheaper for mine, as soon as i find a head unit that has sub outs and aux in for around $40 bucks around me, i'll be saving money for deadener, may install peel n seal (i can get it cheap for industrial special order rolls). My step dad has a Mercury Mariner (same vehicle diff name), so yes, the back is CRAMPED for anything of good quality, but you managed to fit like it came factory! great job! im tuned for more!

I went with new subs because I want to add more power. I was pushin the SA's pretty damn hard. Bottomed one out and the coil came undone. This build is kind of a prequel to my next. With these I can always upgrade. Know what I mean? If I could have afforded 6 high power 10s I might've done it. But I think I'll be happy with these monsters :)

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

As for the deadener thickness. This is from Jon from SS.

AT60 - 60 mils total thickness, 4 mil foil.

Alpha Damp - 50 mils total thickness, 10 mil foil

you can tell easy with that pic that the second skin is at least 2x if not 3x as thick for the alum than the roll. that stuff is expensive tho i hear, i'll have to find something cheaper for mine, as soon as i find a head unit that has sub outs and aux in for around $40 bucks around me, i'll be saving money for deadener, may install peel n seal (i can get it cheap for industrial special order rolls). My step dad has a Mercury Mariner (same vehicle diff name), so yes, the back is CRAMPED for anything of good quality, but you managed to fit like it came factory! great job! im tuned for more!

Please, for the sake of your car, do NOT use P&S. It takes 4 layers to equal 1 layer of regular damplifier and after that the cost is fairly close when you look at the cost per square foot. Just search for peal and seal here on the forum for results and comparison.

Archived