Which Would Be Louder?

alright after everyone telling me not to get alot of crap subwoofers im looking at these two. i want to compete locally(music) so i want the most db's i can get. i prefure low tunning around 32hz because i like the sound for daily driving, but can make changeable ports for when i drag. so my question is which would be louder, two kicker's or the RE Audio's.

i would like to keep the box i already have, its like 2.8 cu/ft per sub tuned to around 35hz (for my cadence subs). can and will build a new box if need be. thanks guys

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

alright after everyone telling me not to get alot of crap subwoofers im looking at these two. i want to compete locally(music) so i want the most db's i can get. i prefure low tunning around 32hz because i like the sound for daily driving, but can make changeable ports for when i drag. so my question is which would be louder, two kicker's or the RE Audio's.

i would like to keep the box i already have, its like 2.8 cu/ft per sub tuned to around 35hz (for my cadence subs). can and will build a new box if need be. thanks guys

skip both of those and get you some memphis mojos
dcaudio.jpg ALLAH's the most gracious, he made the universe the most spaciousSeen and heard in all places, but still appear facelessEmbraces all races, all caste and all casesIn every spec of life he's the substance of all tracesSMDsigbannr9.jpg

1st off memphis, He asked about the 2 not a Mojo. ;)

Jonathan,

There is really no way to tell, both are decent subs and will get loud. But really unless you buy both you will never know if one was really louder then the other. There is too many variables.

The could both sound great, but they both could sound like ass too, depends on the install.

Keeping the box my not be in your best interest either.

Edited by kingsuv

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

thats wats someone told me they performed better tuned to 40s

Team O.B.M

'97 Tahoe

Build after the new year!!!

Kenwood kdc-x794/16gig android tablet

6 sets of Crescendo ccx65s

2 18s

2 Sundown saz 4500s

2 Sundown sax 100.4

1 Mechman SMD spec 360a

4 XS d1400s

My Feed Back

http://www.stevemead...showtopic=44841

2lc49k5.jpgub

i'd go with RE hands down over kicker, but you'd definitely need to make a new box. they need more air per sub. i had two solo x's and didnt have the best of luck with them, so i dont like kicker anymore :P

Edited by ExpoSport

i like kicker but i think its better for about the same price so why just not get that

like kingsuv said though the install is gonna really determine which is louder

Team O.B.M

'97 Tahoe

2 18s

2 Sundown saz 4500s

2 Sundown sax 100.4

1 Mechman SMD spec 360a

4 XS d1400s

My Feed Back

http://www.stevemead...showtopic=44841

2lc49k5.jpgub

alright thanks alot, what other subs would you all recommend then and where can i find them (direct links please lol)

the SE's have bad sq? i would have never guessed that, i know the kickers do thats why i was leaning more toward the se

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

i would recommend the FI Q all the reviews i have read have been great and when i heard the SSD i was really impressed and the Q is suppoe to be the sound quality woofer but still bangs

www.ficaraudio.com

just my .02 cents

Team O.B.M

'97 Tahoe

2 18s

2 Sundown saz 4500s

2 Sundown sax 100.4

1 Mechman SMD spec 360a

4 XS d1400s