Sonic Electronix

I'm not being a smart ass, but does brand matter with wire?

You should stop posting for a while and do some reading.

Asking is more direct, and includes the variables of my particular situation. However, I understand what you are saying. I've done quite a bit of reading, but I didn't know to research brands of wire manufacturers. I never thought that was something to research. :shrug:

Good Brands: stinger rockford shok knu ixos tsunami xs power

Bad: Schosce soundquest some cadence

The list goes on and on. If I continue to remember some I will add to the list.

Edited by arcadeguest

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

TaylorFade, on 02 Jul 2013 - 9:38 PM, said:

Go back to that place, ask to speak to that dude again, look him dead in the eye and then.... pop him in the snot box.

Tell him T-Fade sent you.

Oh to clarify everything im not trying to come off as an ass or a jerk. :drinks:

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

Go back to that place, ask to speak to that dude again, look him dead in the eye and then.... pop him in the snot box.

arcadeguest, Last question for you, would I be okay Connecting my 2nd battery to the frame of my jeep with 4gauge? I could easily double up with 5ish foot of the stuff. My primary battery is connected with 0-Gauge.

I already blew my budget for the upgrade, so I'm trying to keep it cheap, and be semi-clean.

Edited by lagexe

"not real 4 gauge" means that some companies trick you, and add more coating to the wires, so that it may be similar in size to other true 4g wire, but the rip offs, dont have as many thread counts as the better brands.

1992 Camry "Stormtrooper"Quantum Audio DVD/USB/AUX 3.5" single din H/UXS D690Cadence 0g wiring and Kicker 4g wiring(2) Selenium 6w4p's(2) Selenium ST200'sKicker 200.4 (mids & highs)(1)Kicker and (2)Stinger RCA'sSecondSkin in trunk and doors12K HIDsMulitcolor Angel EyesSoon to be done:Big 3Mechman H/O Altsubs?amp?

That thing is going to eat people nearby cars, unsecured objects, and small children

Fixed!

wow nice. i wanted nos on my car but the gf said no. i was just gunna do a 50 shot tho haha

Get a new girlfriend.

What size positive wire do you have coming off the primary battery going to the secondary battery? You should always use the same size wire for pos/neg. and I would use whatever size wire will handle the amperage coming off your alternator.

you can ground to the chasis of the jeep but you should keep it /0 gauge like the battery upfront 2 runs of 4 gauge would work though. also ive heard that running the ground from the back battery to the battery under the hood can give a better ground. my choice on this matter is grounded the back battery to the chasis and to the front battery so that it will follow the path of less resistance so that wich ever might be the better ground is the one it follows naturaly.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

you can ground to the chasis of the jeep but you should keep it /0 gauge like the battery upfront 2 runs of 4 gauge would work though. also ive heard that running the ground from the back battery to the battery under the hood can give a better ground. my choice on this matter is grounded the back battery to the chasis and to the front battery so that it will follow the path of less resistance so that wich ever might be the better ground is the one it follows naturaly.

Thanks, for the reply. Also, I have 4 gauge running to the back. I only put 0-gauge on the Primary-Negative to account for all non-audio current. From what you replied, and the one above you, I should ground my second with 1(?)4-guage wire till I can upgrade to 0-Gauge all around?

I kinda thought I was coming off as a jerk when I said here read lol. Anywho I will tell you what Since I blew my motor in my car I can no longer drive it. I will sell my 17 foot of 0awg wire to you if you are interested in a good price. Im getting ready to sell all of my stereo equipment im taking pictures of everything now to comply with the site rules.

Edited by arcadeguest