Sonic Electronix

blocking sound, so exhaust, tire, road, and even engine and transmission

This is what I want... I want it so quiet that I cant even hear myself think :peepwall:

So quiet that if my wife was outside bitching at me I would not hear a word :)

Edited by Hotdog

I use a crapload of damp pro 4 layers

Then luxury liner

They spray glue on rattle pad to the back of every panel

Our crx is dead silent

Has about 5 bulk packs in it

24 sqft of luxury liner and 24 rattle pad

I dont care for the sludge really

It works but only in select spots otherwise it doesnt make sense to put it there.

I say 3 shop packs and 48sqft of luxury liner

And 36sqft of rattle pad will do ya.

That is really not to bad at all I was thinking I would need more. I will have to look in to the rattle pad. Thanks for the list to work off of.

This is what I want... I want it so quiet that I cant even hear myself think :peepwall:

Ahhh haaa now the truth comes out you want a way to drown out the wife's bitchin Lmao :good:

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

So you plan to deaden the windows also, otherwise you will never get it "that" quiet.

And why not AT products? And why can't you go over the stuff you have on now if it's not falling off?

So you plan to deaden the windows also, otherwise you will never get it "that" quiet.

And why not AT products? And why can't you go over the stuff you have on now if it's not falling off?

Well I have this sneaking suspicion that the Fatmat I put on the roof is coming off. The reason I say this is because I am starting to notice rattles in the roof that i did not have when I initially put the stuff on. As far as AT products I have hear of it but never looked at it.

I also hear they sell aftermarket Door and window seals that are thicker and help lock out the noise even more.

What is SDS?

Also sound's like there could be a market for sound deadening glass if it is possible :)

wait a second they do make sound proof glass link ---> http://55glass.com/enhanced_glass.htm

Audio Technix is great stuff, but when you are trying to reach actual silence in a car the product has not reached that stage yet. Until you have tried the sludge and the luxury liners along with DPro, there is truly a whole lot of noise you never realized you were listening to.

I did about 4 layers of the sludge along the floor of the Chevy, couple layers of DPro, luxury liner pro over that, and on the rear doors overkill pro. I did not use mass amounts of either and only the Dpro is double layered. The first time I drove the truck after installation (No headunit therefore no system) and my god, it was eery how quiet it was inside the cabin. Then get inside my Yukon and realize how much noise there really is. Get inside the Impala and realize I do not like my little car anymore at all.

And Fatmat...I think it is almost obvious why anyone would rip that out for maximum results. You are only as strong as your weakest link. SS is WELL worth the money.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Ace Security laminates-Automobile Security film --> http://www.glassessential.com/Window-Films/ace-security-laminates-automobile-security-film.html

This company states a 4db reduction in noise thru the window. That's worth something if true. On top of that you get some rather difficult to break windows.

I bet the ACE security product is a copycat of Trosifol, which is a PVB (polyvinyl butyral) material with similar 4db noise reduction capability:

http://www.trosifol.com/fileadmin/pd...gl_10_2008.pdf