best buy... ::sigh::

one of my friends decided to get an upgrade and went to best buy. she got some infinity speakers & a polk-audio amp & had geek squad install. she was all happy & playing music loud. she told me the music would start to distort after awhile so i checked & the amp was hot as hell. seemed also that the gain was turned all the way up. she was all "they said they adjusted the amp for me". anyway, i yanked the amp & had her exchange it for the hell of it and adjusted it for her.

so apparently they arent just terrible with computers.

while im sure most retail chains are like this, it all depends on the person who works there. they could have an idiot, or a genius. you just never know.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i know one guy who works for bestbuy, whos really REALLY good, audio and remotestarts/alarms

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

i know one guy who works for bestbuy, whos really REALLY good, audio and remotestarts/alarms

Anyone could install the best buy audio stuff lol. Its already all together they just connect wires.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener

My Youtube

Feedback

Anyone could install the best buy audio stuff lol. Its already all together they just connect wires.

So Best Buy pays all that extra money for pre-connected stuff? You're thinking of Circuit City, they had vehicle specific harnesses for every vehicle and aftermarket radio combination.

Yes I am an installer for Best Buy. Yes I have seen a lot of botched jobs by other installers, but you also see botched jobs from custom shops. As someone else stated there are the good installers and the bad ones just like everywhere else.

Also those cheap Polk amps heat up like crazy they're terrible. You're friend got what she paid for as far as the product was concerned.

You should've left the product in there and had her go complain. Best Buy will warranty the labor and would've re-done it. But as soon as someone else works on it the lifetime warranty on the craftsmanship goes out the window.

I love asking questions that I already know the answer to at the best buy in my region just to see their dumb answers

2010 Kia Forte Koup (Slow Build)
2 Sundown SCV-3000D

2 DC XL M1 with PSI recones
Focal R-165s2 on Orion 4800-HP
Kenwood KDC-X798
Knukonceptz OFC 1/0
Audiotechnix,Fatmat and Q-mat Deadener

XS power D3400 up front 3 D3100s power in trunk
Stock 110 amp alt

2013 Scion TC

2 Dc lvl 3s with xl coils on Soundqubed 2200

Sundown components

AA 50.2 for components

Pioneer FH-X700BT

Knukonceptz OFC 1/0

Fatmat and Q-mat Deadener

XS Power D3100 up front D925 in back

Mechman 240 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/189911-2013-scion-tc-build/ <Scion TC Build
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174094-jskiles-forte-koup/ <Slow Kia Forte Build
http://www.stevemead...ockUserAgent__1 < Old build 2005 Equinox

Over here in at my best buy all installers must be mecp certified...they also pay pretty well with benefits...I applied ther once but I think my felony killed my chances :-(.....would of been a easy job slapping in alarms ,deck and fours, amp to bass installs all day... at the shop I use to work at they expected me to do 5 cars a day....

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Archived