Wiring problem... Im stumped

You can't tell by playing music through them because they move both directions. Testing with a 9 volt batt will only pop them in or out.

let him figure it out for himself he dont wanna lisen and keep messing with his HU let him

irrataing when people dont wanna lisen and say it dont seem out of phase to me like you know what your talking about

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Sounds like woofers are out of phase.

that could cause this but if they were out of phase, why would he get barely any voltage from the speaker terminals or from the RCAs?

I did wire out of phase once and I find it hard to believe that the subs would have survived long enough for him to have been playing with it for this long. mine took less than 30 seconds to smoke and they were XLs.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

You can't tell by playing music through them because they move both directions. Testing with a 9 volt batt will only pop them in or out.

let him figure it out for himself he dont wanna lisen and keep messing with his HU let him

irrataing when people dont wanna lisen and say it dont seem out of phase to me like you know what your talking about

Why the hell are you jumping at me dude? Im trying to test EVERYTHING, if that means checking my Deck for issues then i will. NO one has said they can only be out of phase and thats the only problem. So im Troubleshooting everything i can. Sorry i have never heard any subs that were out of phase before so how am i suppose to think thats it. Stop going on a pissy fit its unnecessary and makes your sound like the biggest dick. Did i not say i was going to pop the power and ground on a batt to test that tomorrow. SO chill out.. damn.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

To rule out deck etc, plug an ipod straight into the amp.

If you get bass then you know amp/ sub is good

If no bass then time to triple check amp.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

To rule out deck etc, plug an ipod straight into the amp.

If you get bass then you know amp/ sub is good

If no bass then time to triple check amp.

how would i do that? do i need some kind of RCA to AUX adaptor? do they make those?

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

1/8 jack to rca

Do it right that the amp

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Why the hell are you jumping at me dude? Im trying to test EVERYTHING, if that means checking my Deck for issues then i will. NO one has said they can only be out of phase and thats the only problem. So im Troubleshooting everything i can. Sorry i have never heard any subs that were out of phase before so how am i suppose to think thats it. Stop going on a pissy fit its unnecessary and makes your sound like the biggest dick. Did i not say i was going to pop the power and ground on a batt to test that tomorrow. SO chill out.. damn.

Lawlz. welcome to the internet. He's trolling....taking my job...dang. lol. But it is frustrating when someone's mind is set on something and they think they know the problem but the person isn't doing what they suggested. If you were in his shoes, you'd do the same thing. Now that I know you don't have an ATT function on your head unit, I'm suspecting your wiring as well. DO you have another HU laying around that you can just hook up real fast to do a trail and error. Like everyone else is saying...check your wiring, EVERYONE makes mistakes. I was trying to wire my audiobahns to 1 ohms and I wired it to some...whacked out .67 ohms and didn't even realize it, lucky I caught it before I started playing them. My amp would've cooked itself. So just double check your wiring and make him happy. lol. Take pictures so you can rub it in his face. haha

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Lawlz. welcome to the internet. He's trolling....taking my job...dang. lol. But it is frustrating when someone's mind is set on something and they think they know the problem but the person isn't doing what they suggested. If you were in his shoes, you'd do the same thing. Now that I know you don't have an ATT function on your head unit, I'm suspecting your wiring as well. DO you have another HU laying around that you can just hook up real fast to do a trail and error. Like everyone else is saying...check your wiring, EVERYONE makes mistakes. I was trying to wire my audiobahns to 1 ohms and I wired it to some...whacked out .67 ohms and didn't even realize it, lucky I caught it before I started playing them. My amp would've cooked itself. So just double check your wiring and make him happy. lol

well when i check my wiring at the terminals on the box i get 1ohm. and i dont have another HU. im gonna do what ray is saying. Then if i get the same result i will test if they are out of phase. If i get bass i will have to get a new HU. i guess thats the best way to figure out the issue.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

1/8 jack to rca

Do it right that the amp

ok im doing that tomorrow. thanks

2 DC 12" lvl 4s