DD-1 and clipping.?

i say back off to the clip. the dd1 is to dectect distortion, not clipping. so even with a soft clip ther might not be distotion. one would say distortion before clipping. but who knows. either way even if it doesnt distort, there can always be a soft clip you wont be able to see without a good oscope. if you trust your clip indicator, and the dd1, i say jus set it prior to the dd1,there for you be distortion free and clipp free from what the indicator is reading

From my understanding a clip light doesn't necessarily measure clipping to begin with, they are set with a certain input rail voltage that causes the light to cut on when it's exceeded. I could be wrong, and if so someone feel free to correct me.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

i say back off to the clip. the dd1 is to dectect distortion, not clipping. so even with a soft clip ther might not be distotion. one would say distortion before clipping. but who knows. either way even if it doesnt distort, there can always be a soft clip you wont be able to see without a good oscope. if you trust your clip indicator, and the dd1, i say jus set it prior to the dd1,there for you be distortion free and clipp free from what the indicator is reading

distortion comes from clipping, and can be present before clipping. two separate things.

the clip light on the amp is lighting when rail voltage meets output voltage, so if you play a song louder than the track you used to set sub amp gains, you will clip/distort.

From my understanding a clip light doesn't necessarily measure clipping to begin with, they are set with a certain input rail voltage that causes the light to cut on when it's exceeded. I could be wrong, and if so someone feel free to correct me.

:good:

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

distortion comes from clipping, and can be present before clipping. two separate things.

the clip light on the amp is lighting when rail voltage meets output voltage, so if you play a song louder than the track you used to set sub amp gains, you will clip/distort.

so you're basically saying that the music is most likely playing louder than the test tone from the dd-1.? i used track 5 (40hz, -10db) to tune it.. should i use the -5db track instead.?

so you're basically saying that the music is most likely playing louder than the test tone from the dd-1.? i used track 5 (40hz, -10db) to tune it.. should i use the -5db track instead.?

yes, the red light will blink less with that setting

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

buyt a sharpie. color over that stupid light. set wtih dd-1. have fun.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

• 3 weeks later...