Second Skin Audio

Little Box help

ehckz

I bought 3 hdc3 10"s to replace my 3 12" type Rs because they should fit a little better.

I'm wanting a subs forward, port forward box, sealed off of course. Each sub will be getting approx. 1000 watts.

Dimensions are 13.5h 39w 26d

If I go with a slot port it needs to be about 12h by 5w to get it in the port range, but that is going to leave the subs all pretty close together and then 1 will be realllyyy close to the port wall and the other close to the outer wall. Whereas it could possibly be a better fit if i went 4 4" aero ports or maybe some other size and what not.

So basically would the slot port style work or should I look into figuring something out using aero ports?

Build In Progress for Slamology 2013

3 m1xl 18s walled in a gti

1 5k

4 batts

audio technix 1/0

8 cheap r/f 6.5s

mb quart 4.60

What about something like this:

6799369851_d05a2ef8e6_z.jpg

That is a good design. Would the sub sitting so close to the port wall be a problem? And how much would that slant take off of the box volume? I want to get around 4cub ft after the port/displacement/bracing

1 5k

4 batts

audio technix 1/0

8 cheap r/f 6.5s

mb quart 4.60

You should not notice any ill effects with driver being so close to the port, to the best of my knowledge anyway.

The volume that the slant consumes is fairly significant, at about 1333 cubic inches. You would also need to be concerned about the left driver's motor hitting the inside of the left wall. I am unsure of the depth and motor diameter so I was unable to take that into account at the time of the drawing.

You should not notice any ill effects with driver being so close to the port, to the best of my knowledge anyway.

The volume that the slant consumes is fairly significant, at about 1333 cubic inches. You would also need to be concerned about the left driver's motor hitting the inside of the left wall. I am unsure of the depth and motor diameter so I was unable to take that into account at the time of the drawing.

Your right, it might be a little close. Depth is around 7.7" and I would say the motor is a good 8.5" wide, flush mounting 1 in a temp box was a pain in the ass.

1 5k

4 batts

audio technix 1/0

8 cheap r/f 6.5s

mb quart 4.60

I have seen subs damn near on top of the port wall...not sure if it matters or not

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

You can do this also with four 4" aeros if you find a nice way to fit them so try putting them around the center subwoofer, here is a design suggestion that uses a double layer baffle:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 36,097 Hz

Vb = 4,849 ft^3

Subwoofer Mounting = Flush Mounted

External Height = 13,5 in

External Width = 39 in

External Depth = 25 in

Cut List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2 x Front & Back (3 parts) = 39 x 13 1/2