Sundown Audio

multiple amps

basshead8569

Youn should quote the people that said is bad to have its own power wire and to use a splitter, so n8 can handle them. Cuss that is just absolutely ridiculous. I just don't see how common sense didn't get involve in having 1 wire split into 3, or having 3 own wires.

How are your grounds set up ?

I'm glad you posted this thread up so you can do it properly bro, before that main single run melts, I seen wire melt down and stick to carpet not fun .

I have 2 amps on the back of my back seats. And one is under my driver seat. Which my seats have a good gap. So I have a board bolted to the chair frame then amp bolted to it. And the grounds for the ones in the trunk are to the metal side walls. Didnt think that grounding them to the back of my seats would be a good idea due to amps there. ( back of my seats are a thin metal.) And the one under my seat is grounded to the seat frame.

Oh and I dont want to start drama here. I have more then enough drama at home. Single father with baby mama drama. It is like the worse kind of drama. Especially when I have full custody of my daughter.

Edited by basshead8569

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

dont mix the 8s and 12s. there are like three people on here who think its just the greatest idea ever. Its not. If you want to put hte 8s in the doors and cross them over high so be it. Mixing sub sizes is just plain ghetto and has a high potential for failure.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

dont mix the 8s and 12s. there are like three people on here who think its just the greatest idea ever. Its not. If you want to put hte 8s in the doors and cross them over high so be it. Mixing sub sizes is just plain ghetto and has a high potential for failure.

Ok. Now I have had people tell me that. Since I was thinking on adding 6x9 to the back window. Could I also put them there? My 6x8 stock in the doors. Or is it better to put in the doors? If so I would have to put them in the front doors for my daughter doesn't get to them.

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

Who told you a separate power wire for each amp is a bad idea?

Few people on here. Back like a year ago, Before I forgot my pw and made this sn. And there are still people that seem to still give me wrong info. Why I am re-asking this question like a year later. Hoping to get the right info. I am working on my first big build and want to make sure it all done right.

You're high as giraffe dick. No one here would tell you that

This was his EXACT reason for the last pair of horrible information. Completely incorrect Dr. Subwoofer type information and when confronted, he was told about it here. I had my doubts then, and even more so now.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

lmao its never a bad thing to have a double front baffle its not allways needed but NEVER BAD lmao the people you talk to are funny as hell

also on that box it would be louder with no divider all one box just fyi

It was a few people from here that told me about it. And I was thinking that I would cut the middle out of that divider. Thinking maybe extra box support??? If I am wrong correct me. Cause I am building a box when I come back from UP michigan. So all the advice will be nice.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Like I have been saying I am here for help not to start crap. Been trying to avoid it. But seems I can't. And ALL I have got is wrong information and trouble starters. Thats fucked up.