Second Skin Audio

Orion hcca 15" enclosure help!!

88trooper

I need help on my subwoofer enclosure for my Orion hcca 15 dual 4 ohm. I need an enclosure that will be loud!! And hit hard but still play some rock songs and rap prolly around 33hz. Can someone give me some dimensions or a 3D picture of the box so I can build it. Much appreciated!!

I have 00 awg ran and I'm gonna be putting that to a hifonics hifi d2000. And sorry it's not a dual 4 ohm, it's a dual 2 ohm so I can run the hifonics at 1ohm so I,ll be pushing almost 2000 watts. I don't have any height width or length chosen. But I have a light suv so I have a lot of room so any dimensions will prolly work for me.

• 4 weeks later...

I need help on my subwoofer enclosure for my Orion hcca 15 dual 4 ohm. I need an enclosure that will be loud!! And hit hard but still play some rock songs and rap prolly around 33hz. Can someone give me some dimensions or a 3D picture of the box so I can build it. Much appreciated!!

You can push rated to the sub with that amp provided that you have proper electrical Orion specs 3.65 cuft@ 38Hz but can be tuned lower at 33Hz if you want, standard configuration for SUVs is port(s) back/sub up, I can give you a design suggestion based on the specs above, let me know if you would like that.

I'd much appreciate if we could get down to 32hz. Let me know what you can come up with. As well as,,,,, It will be going in an S10 so could you toss sub up/port up as well?

You can push rated to the sub with that amp provided that you have proper electrical Orion specs 3.65 cuft@ 38Hz but can be tuned lower at 33Hz if you want, standard configuration for SUVs is port(s) back/sub up, I can give you a design suggestion based on the specs above, let me know if you would like that.

Here is the suggestion. See if the dims I used are adequate, box is port up / sub up:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 32.029 Hz

Vb = 3.651 ft^3

Subwoofer Mounting = Flush Mounted

External Height = 20 in

External Width = 32.75 in

External Depth = 18 in

Port Width = 3 1/2 in

Cut List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2 x Top & Bottom (3 parts) = 32 3/4 x 18

Left & Right Sides = 16 1/2 x 17 3/4

Front & Back = 32 3/4 x 17 3/4

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 14 1/4 x 16 1/2

Extension = 13 1/2 x 16 1/2

Bracing is recommended, may update later the design to add bracing displacement once you know this fits.

Let me know any questions.

OP, shoot me or mazdaspl a PM for a real design with a 3d model.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

S10's are sub up or forward, port sideways.

I better not find out you are charging for boxes guys.

2nd time ive seen it tonight.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

S10's are sub up or forward, port sideways.

I better not find out you are charging for boxes guys.

2nd time ive seen it tonight.

I actually suggested port up, and I'm the one with the S10. Thanks though.

Here is the suggestion. See if the dims I used are adequate, box is port up / sub up:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 32.029 Hz

Vb = 3.651 ft^3

Subwoofer Mounting = Flush Mounted

External Height = 20 in

External Width = 32.75 in

External Depth = 18 in

Port Width = 3 1/2 in

Cut List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2 x Top & Bottom (3 parts) = 32 3/4 x 18

Left & Right Sides = 16 1/2 x 17 3/4

Front & Back = 32 3/4 x 17 3/4

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 14 1/4 x 16 1/2

Extension = 13 1/2 x 16 1/2

Bracing is recommended, may update later the design to add bracing displacement once you know this fits.

Let me know any questions.

I'm going to be doing a double thickness baffle for the sub so you might have to factor that in.

Archived