Sonic Electronix

First, I know what I'm asking is not an exact science. I'm simply asking for guesses more of less. Second, the purpose of this is so I know what to do about my weak mids.

I'm currently using 1 SSD 15" with 750rms @ 2ohm. I have a second SSD 15" on the way. both are Dual-1ohm. That said, I'll have them wired to 1ohm, thus giving me the full 1500rms from my amp. However, it will be split between 2 subs. I have now doubled what I was getting. 2 subs @ 750rms instead of 1. Also, the new box is taking up a good bit of space, it is around 185% bigger (4cubes-old vs 7.4cubes-new). My understanding is that with a bigger box comes more air movement, the same with cone area. What do guys THINK I will get from this decibel wise, if had to guess.

not only is it really difficult to guess what kind of dbs you can get out of a set up, you left out any pertinent information that would make a guess even slightly possible.

oh, and 186db is my guess.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I know there is no way to figure it, till you do the upgrade. However I'm just looking for a guess for what I'm gonna get. Not that this is any easier to guess, but I forgot emphasize that I meant what db I would gain. I didn't mean "what db I would have total". Again, I know that isn't easy either.

Skippy, thanks for telling my I left out info. However, you failed to mention what you are looking for.

still going to be more or less a random number any one throws out, but the least you could do is list all the equipment, type of vehicle, what kind of enclosure, how is that enclosure situated in your vehicle...

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

still going to be more or less a random number any one throws out, but the least you could do is list all the equipment, type of vehicle, what kind of enclosure, how is that enclosure situated in your vehicle...

Gotcha:

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Alternator is 40amps larger than stock @120amp.

7.4 cubes ported, tuned to 33hz (FI's recommendation)

Box is actually 2boxes in one each with 3.7cubes @ 33hz

MB-Quarts Onyx 1.1500D

Head Unit is Sony CDX-GT550UI

Head Unit Preamp 2V

Head Unit Signal-to-Noise Ratio is 120db

Head Unit is CEA-2006 Compliant

Head Unit EQ is flat

Second Battery for amp XS-XP950. Amp, Batteries, Ground, all have 4gauge.

Subs will be wired with double over 12gauge.

I'll be glad to include anything I missed.

Archived